Topic: Found Footage

Directory Link

Found Footage

Youtube

Strange things are afoot in the mysterious and ancient caves of Sweden. An old friend returns...

I started out just doing some animation tests and accidentally made a film.

Re: Found Footage

Wait. Wait a sec. Is this what I think it is? Can it truly be?

Spoiler (click to read)

Dane Cook has returned! Praise be to Odin!

5 bricks, purely on that alone.

There wasn't much actual animation, but what there was was very smooth.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

5 bricks.

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

5/5 bricks.

A triumph of modern Brickfilming, "Found Footage" reminds us all why we choose to work in such a tedious medium with its usage of heart, charm, wit and style. This is a brickfilm that is sure to outlive even the greatest modern classics such as "The Magical Portal", "Unrenewable", "That's the Way it Goes!" and "The Superhero (A THAC 8 Entry)".

Well done, Oldscratch, well done.

All joking aside, it's lovely to see another film from you.  I enjoyed it, as it was a fun little poke at the past and made me nostalgic. Nice job.

Last edited by Scypax (February 16, 2015 (01:14pm))

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Please keep Smeagol's post on "How to Comment on a Film" in mind.

Any more posts that are lacking in content will be pruned.

Welcome back to Brickfilming!

The music to this film was nice, it fit it pretty well. Your animation was a bit rusty, the head movements along with some others could have used some more easing-in-easing-out. There was also bit of flickering in the set which can be avoided by totally removing yourself away from the set.

I didn't think the flirting was necessary, but that's just me. I liked the part when the ogre hits the dude. That was pretty well done.

2.5/5 is my rating and again, welcome back!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Harborlight Productions wrote:

I didn't think the flirting was necessary, but that's just me. I liked the part when the ogre hits the dude.

Sigh.

The flicker is down to me using a DSLR for the first time (one of the things I was testing) and trying to make do with the auto aperture. You can't really tell how bad it is until you've finished a shot and play it back and by then it's too late.

0ldScratch wrote:

I didn't think the flirting was necessary, but that's just me. I liked the part when the ogre hits the dude.

Sigh.

The flicker is down to me using a DSLR for the first time (one of the things I was testing) and trying to make do with the auto aperture. You can't really tell how bad it is until you've finished a shot and play it back and by then it's too late.

Yeah...you should get a program that hooks up to your DSLR that has a live view. That way you can play your footage back and redo as necessary. Have you tried using manual settings? I would play with that. Whenever I use auto settings there is flickering.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Beautiful. :')

Spoiler (click to read)

Is the ball in my court now?

KG wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

Is the ball in my court now?

It seems only right and proper.

The long-prophesized return of Dane Cook is finally upon us.

Well done, Chris, good to see a new brickfilm from you. Thoroughly enjoyable little short - never thought I'd be saying this, but I never realized how much I missed ole' Dane until recently.

Last edited by MindGame (February 17, 2015 (05:48am))

Thanks Zach. I have the BiM documentary team to thank for getting me back on the path to righteousness. I'll hopefully be doing some more when I've got myself a new old lens and an adapter.

THE SECOND COMING OF COOK

The animation is really sweet, and the comedic timing is great. Love that bit at the end.

Last edited by Mickey (February 18, 2015 (05:52am))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

0ldScratch wrote:

Thanks Zach. I have the BiM documentary team to thank for getting me back on the path to righteousness. I'll hopefully be doing some more when I've got myself a new old lens and an adapter.

Well, I guess this is what you get.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

This made my day--the master is back! I loved the set design... Inspiring!

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

Awesome stuff, Chris. Bricks in motion needs to have a "Dane Cook Gets" contest/festival immediately. It has to be the most pervasive meme that ever swept the lego animation world.

Harborlight productions is trolling, right? Or am I in hysterical laughter for no reason?

Keshen wrote:

Harborlight productions is trolling, right? Or am I in hysterical laughter for no reason?

I don't know why giving some critiques would be counted as trolling.

Last edited by Harborlight (February 22, 2015 (05:35am))

Keshen wrote:

I don't know why giving some critiques would be counted as trolling.

I don't think trolling's the right word. I think he's referring to how the slapstick element of the orge-smash is only really funny in how it contrasts to the zany flirting beforehand. An ogre hitting a guy with a club isn't necessarily funny in itself (though it can be) but what really makes this short funny (to me at least) is how we switch from Dane's perception of events (omg there's a super-hot ogre chick standing in front of me, quick act natural) to the ogress' perception (oh look, there's a human intruder in my cave, better get rid of this trespasser).

Well, that's how I see it. Keshen, maybe be a bit more polite next tim; we all have different opinions.

She doesn't hit him to get rid of him mini/smile

As with many of my films, this one has its roots in Scandinavian folklore. Specifically, the legend of the Huldra.