Topic: Batman Arkham Knight Fight

Directory Link

Batman Arkham Knight Fight

Youtube

The Jokers setting the mood for his birthday party by releasing all the inmates of Arkham Asylum. He'll have no shortage of guests in attendance.
It's up to the Dark Knight to put a stop to his madness. Will Batman save the hostages in time from being baked alive and stop every villain rampant?
Or will he find himself against a threat bigger than reality itself.

Re: Batman Arkham Knight Fight

I felt that the pacing in this video, as with your last suicide squad video, was way to fast.  It was too fast to the point of not really knowing what was going on. 

Spoiler (click to read)

Each villain only gets a few seconds, or so it seems for most of them.  This makes them just seem like so kind of flashy side attraction we aren't supposed to care about.  Once Batman fell in the water I got confused as to what was happening all together.  I know it is tempting to put in as many villains as you can, but it usually doesn't work as each one doesn't get their due to to shine.  The inclusion of many characters works better when you just see glimpses of them, like a line of cells in Arkham or something like that.  Introducing them for a few seconds only to have them punched away is a let down. 

Also why do you put long credits in the middle of your video and then have a scene after it?  The only reason why I caught it in the Suicide Squad was because I saw someone credited that hadn't been in the video yet.  Not many people are willing to sit through a minute of credits on a Youtube video, so this scene will get missed most of the time.  I know it's fun and polite to credit your friends and all, so I wouldn't say don't do it, but don't have a post credit scene because most people will miss it.

I guess this is a bit of a nitpick, and I'm no expert on comic chemicals, but isn't the Scarecrow gas supposed to bring out the person's greatest fear?  I don't know why Batman would be afraid of himself, yet also be able to defeat most of them in one punch.  I feel you were trying to jam in a bunch of other characters here as well, but the same thing applies to the bat suits as the villains, don't bring them in if they aren't needed unless it is only for a quick visual cameo.

Aside from that, I thought the animation was fine, and the effects were good too.  I was mixed on the facial animation though.  I thought it looked amazing in some part, but bad in others.  One part I remember being bad was

Spoiler (click to read)

the Joker's face during TV appearance.  I though his face looked too big.

I can appreciate the attempt at a large scale production, but less is more.  I think you have some room for improvement, but I will watch the next episode as I did enjoy this.

I agree with Greenshirt. I think you need to focus more on your stop-motion animation and scale it down a bit on the CG. I felt like I had to squint to see what was going on because of all the color correction. You've got really good talent, but I think you are letting the FX tell the story rather than the characters.

Drats! I was working on something similar to yours.
I disagree with GreenShirt because I am working on something just like yours, I can relate to you. You are mainly trying to show off your VFX and animations but not so much on the story.

Spoiler (click to read)

You not only wanted to show off your VFX and animations, you wanted to let us see how many minifigs you own. And that was the reason why we saw bat-men in Batman's fears (even though we are confused why he fears himself, we understand why you put them in.

I don't think my to-be-video can top yours in sound effects, set design, lighting, effects, masking or story so now it is up to me to rely on my animations.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

I'm with Galactic Films and Greenshirt about there being to much CG and not enough stopmotion.

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.