Topic: SWITCH

Directory Link

SWITCH

Youtube

My first official (technically second) film of 2015! It's not exactly up to par, but granted, I did put it all together in one weekend using my iPod camera. I was trying to go for an ambiguous, mystical atmosphere, and I think it turned out pretty well, considering the conditions I was filming in. Anyways, hope ya'll enjoy! (1080p!!!)

Re: SWITCH

That was really cool, really liked the cinematography, colour, and lighting. Just a thought, but it would have been really funny if you would have put goofy music after he hits the switch. Your animation is good and the slow, no-movement pacing is also your style and strong point. One last question, why did you use your iPod camera? It looked really nice I'm just wondering. Over all, a really well-made enjoyable film.

OsomStudios

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

osomstudios wrote:

That was really cool, really liked the cinematography, colour, and lighting. Just a thought, but it would have been really funny if you would have put goofy music after he hits the switch. Your animation is good and the slow, no-movement pacing is also your style and strong point. One last question, why did you use your iPod camera? It looked really nice I'm just wondering. Over all, a really well-made enjoyable film.

OsomStudios

Hey, thanks! You know what, that actually wouldn't have been a bad idea, shoot. I might have added a radio muffle to it just for effect, but yeah, that actually would have worked, too bad I didn't think of it. About my iPod, basically this whole film sprouted from me just doing some random light tests with a stop motion app on my iPod. I then had a weird idea to do this film, and I did, not really giving much thought to actually use my webcam. I guess since it's much more work to setup my webcam along with all my sets and stuff downstairs by my computer I thought I'd just keep it simple and film with my iPod. I do realize the noise/grain is a bit excessive, but overall I think the atmosphere overpowers that distraction. And, thanks again, it means a lot to me when people enjoy my work, especially when I wasn't exactly putting my full effort into it. mini/tongue

-Grant

Last edited by GHB (January 26, 2015 (09:08pm))

I really enjoyed this short, the lighting was fantastic and the twist ending gave it some extra seasoning. And the image was also very nice, especially for an iPod camera – the noise even provided a unique look that worked well!  I also loved the mysterious atmosphere, and I think the music worked just fine at the end. My only gripe is the minifig's design, he could've looked plainer (like a simple, one colored shirt and no hair), but you said it above that this was a quick idea, so you probably didn't have time to think about how the minifig will look.
Anyways, good job!

-Kristóf

https://i.imgur.com/0X6EoJh.jpg
YouTube Channel : All My Links ↑Click for newest animation!↑

lol 1080p. Did you get a new camera? Im looking for a new one actually. What camera did you get?

I am a beginner but I'm willing to put in the work to be better.