Topic: THAC XII THACumentary

Here it is! Some update logs and a whole lotta time lapse for your enjoyment (maybe?). I honestly have no idea how this turned out, it's a first time for anything like this for me.

The YouTube

And here's the THAC film itself:
Circle of Truth

--Mighty

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (January 10, 2015 (11:03am))

Re: THAC XII THACumentary

I'm loving all these THACumentaries, thanks for taking the time to make it. I do agree the crash scene was one of the coolest parts of your entry, that turned out really well.

Yeah, another THACumentary!
Like Sloth, I love watching these things.
(It's also good to be able to place real faces to the usernames that I see so often.)
Thanks for suggesting that timelapse software. It seems you made much more use of it, and it's cool to see you building up that set piece by piece. And I'm very envious of your camera rig, and does it allow pitch adjustment, or just height?

SlothPaladin wrote:

I'm loving all these THACumentaries, thanks for taking the time to make it. I do agree the crash scene was one of the coolest parts of your entry, that turned out really well.

Thanks!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Thanks for suggesting that timelapse software. It seems you made much more use of it, and it's cool to see you building up that set piece by piece.

You are very welcome. I'm really thankful I came across it myself, if I didn't have it I'm not sure I wouldn't have done this. mini/tongue

Pritchard Studios wrote:

And I'm very envious of your camera rig, and does it allow pitch adjustment, or just height?

Yep, I can adjust pitch. This camera rig is actually based on pe668's rig, which he had some pictures of on Brickshelf. It was originally for his custom QCP 9000 rig, which involved him taking off the casing of his webcam and stuffing the wires, lens, and other pieces into a brick-built box, so I modified it for my own QCP 9000. When I got the C920 I modified it further (the day before THAC), and I'm really happy with how it turned out since the pitch adjustment is much more significant with the C920 setup.
I'm considering making a (video, possibly) tutorial showing how this is set up, so that you all can reap the benefits of having a camera rig like this.

Great THACumentary. It always enjoy watching the workflow and having insight into the thought process of fellow animators. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b