Topic: Lego Justice League?

Directory Link

Lego Justice League?

Direct Link

Ever feel like everyone's getting the cool new stuff and you just haven't had the time or money? Well, here you go.

If a frame were worth a penny, I'd probably have like, $30 or something.

Re: Lego Justice League?

Dude, I feel your pain. I had to do tons of extra chores and some stuff for other family members to be able to afford my Justice League (which is now mostly complete, just need that Supergirl set and maybe the Grodd one).

The dialogue was funny, Batman's voice actor was decent (though you might want to work on the audio quality) and I like that you used the New 52 JLA logo (sorry, big DC nerd here).

The set looked a bit underdeveloped, though I can understand not wanting to build anything massive for such a simple scene (and to be honest, it doesn't need to be anything more complex). However, it might be worth thinking about making some of the computers more realistic and fleshed out, and perhaps greebling the walls. You could also put a backdrop of the Earth in the distance behind the windows just to add another layer of depth.

I'd also suggest investing in a new microphone. In a brickfilm that's mostly dialogue-based, it's best to make sure your sound quality is as good as it can be. Batman sounded quite tinny, which detracted a little from what he was saying.

I hope you get to complete your Justice League!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Thanks for the feedback! Of course, in having not enough money to buy the JL sets, I don't have enough money to buy a decent microphone, I'm working on it though. Also, another problem with my brickfilm "operation" in general, is that I don't have many pieces, I can barely complete one set at a time, which is frustrating. Thanks for the feedback again.

If a frame were worth a penny, I'd probably have like, $30 or something.

legocloneaddict wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! Of course, in having not enough money to buy the JL sets, I don't have enough money to buy a decent microphone, I'm working on it though. Also, another problem with my brickfilm "operation" in general, is that I don't have many pieces, I can barely complete one set at a time, which is frustrating. Thanks for the feedback again.

One trick I always use is to buy card to fill in walls, and then just make the details out of bricks. It actually works surprisingly well, and decent quality card is much cheaper than getting the bricks to build a wall of equivalent size. As in, you can get card for a couple of dollars maximum.

Fragmented shots are also a great way of disguising a small set. By that, I mean only using lots of close-ups and less commonplace angles to only show a fraction of the overall space. It means you can put as much or as little detail into the set as you like. The fight sequence in this had a really small set, but I only used close-ups and filled what background was in-shot with little bits of detail.

I have exactly the same problem as you. While I have quite a bit of Lego, none of it is bulk bricks, but I hope some of these techniques will help you out.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein