Re: The BiM Film Directory is now open!

I'd like to set up emails for any films that get accepted, it would not be to hard, any reviewed film could include a copy of the review and give a link to the film, the lower quality films could just be notified.  I should be able to get this running some time this week with very little effort.

So, I know I asked this before, but I never got an answer. How do you add more links for your film, after you've submitted it?

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Sméagol wrote:

we do plan to make pages fully editable eventually but that wasn't something that was feasible to have ready in time for launch.

You can edit the description, tags, forum link right now, the rest is still being worked on.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Ah, okay. Thanks Sméagol.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I think it's time to unsticky the screencast.

Last edited by randomparrot (May 8, 2009 (08:56am))

_2014

So how long does it usually take to get a film reviewed? I have been counting for nearly a week. Just wondering.

-Jimmybob

Move over Rover, let Jimi take over.
[email protected]

It doesn't seem like they're being reviewed in the order they're being submitted, judging by the film number.

ohh I see, it's a favouritism ! mini/rolleyes

-Jimmybob

Move over Rover, let Jimi take over.
[email protected]

Right now there is a queue of 83 films, the reviews did an amazing job reviewing about 20 films in the first two days however it is finals for many of the panel members and it will take a little while to catch up with the backlog of films (many people submitted older works, which is encouraged, but it means more work for them)

I do believe it takes time to review films, and I know the briliant programmer(s) remebered to make it to where the review panel members can't review their own films, right?

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

I submitted my film to The Directory, it has a Staff Rating, however there has not been written a review, neither can it be seen in The Directory (except by using the search button) but I did not receive a rejection email either. Does it mean it's rejected anyway?

It hasnt been rejected, it just hasn't been accepted into the main directory.

Will there be a function to be able to search films that have been accepted into the standard directery, rather than the entire library?

ummm, yeah, no matter what I do, search for it, go to,"all films" and even manage films, my films never show up in the directory, it's been 6 days since I submitted it. And yet I see some films that haven't even been reviewed yet on the directory. mini/madhead

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

There is the standard directory, where all the films in which have been reviewed and accepted by the review panel, then there is the directery with all of the decent films, which haven't been reviewed and only show up in searches and when you select all films. Though I'm not sure about your film not even showing up in manage films.

Everybody here submitted most of the films they've ever made, obviously it's going to take us more than a week to process all of them.  Almost all movies submitted will eventually be accepted, what reviewers deem to be the top films (by standards similar to BF.com's 'glory days') are reviewed and made viewable by default.  Bear with us over the next couple months while we catch up with the onslaught of submissions.  Every film approved for the directory (at least under 'all films') is rated by the review panel.  So far we're only rejecting tests, non-brickfilms, films of exceedingly low quality, and films with very inappropriate, NC-17 style content, and we are sending email notifications to these people.

brickme, most likely YES, but it's lower on the list of priorities right now.

-Sméagol

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I demanded that RP Hoogle would review one of my films. He did. SUE ME.

and it was one hell of a review.

SlothPaladin wrote:

and it was one hell of a review.

I agree. It was one of the finest reviews I've read, in fact.

I leave for a little while and THIS happens?!

...And finally that's a good thing for once. Good job on the directory, guys.

People won't be people when they hear this sound.

I only submitted 2 of my films, it's pretty stupid if you do all of them at ones.

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]