Topic: [THAC XII] A New World

Directory Link

A New World (THAC XII)

YouTube

An alien get tired with his old life and job so he takes a teleporter booth to another planet.

Made in 24 hours for THAC XII

Re: [THAC XII] A New World

Haha. Nice job with this. I love the smooth character (and other object) movements.

Where did you get that alien head? I don't recall it from any sets.

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Haha. Nice job with this. I love the smooth character (and other object) movements.

Where did you get that alien head? I don't recall it from any sets.

Thanks. mini/smile
The alien head is from the most recent collectable minifig series. (and it's LEGO's cutest alien head yet). I got to go to a LEGO store the day before THAC and got some new 2015 stuff.

It's short, but what's there is well done.
Like Mighty said, the animation is very smooth and looks great.
You did a good job with the verbal communication, and the ENDing screen is ironic.

The major issue would it ending suddenly on a title screen, as a quick montage of shots would have given it a better sense of completion. But otherwise it stands out as very well polished.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

It's short, but what's there is well done.
Like Mighty said, the animation is very smooth and looks great.
You did a good job with the verbal communication, and the ENDing screen is ironic.

The major issue would it ending suddenly on a title screen, as a quick montage of shots would have given it a better sense of completion. But otherwise it stands out as very well polished.

I didn't even realize it was ironic. mini/lol
For me personally I think the post script had better comedic value than a montage but I see your point. mini/smile

That is extremely smooth. I really like it. I like the way there are no vocals, yet the grunts have a conversation in themselves. The face swapping was excellent and the quality of the video was wonderful.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Short and sweet--this has a nice charm to it.  I like the use of replacement animation for the head.  The only thign that could be improved is actually having a shot

Spoiler (click to read)

of the alien happily sweeping Earth's streets

instead of having text just outright telling that instead, but aside from that, nice work!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Wow, I really liked this entry. The story is nice and simple, and it actually got a chuckle or two out of me. Awesome job, END.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

@Mr Vertigo
I was thinking of that but I liked the bluntness comedy factor of text and I didn't have time to build an outdoor set and animate it. (the problems of THAC mini/lol )

@Mickey
Thanks, I enjoy the compliments. mini/smile