Topic: A Christmas Miracle

Directory Link

A Christmas Miracle

Under the tree!

Christmas fun for the whole family!

Basically just my attempt at testing a few things:
Blue Yeti microphone, 20 fps, DIY sound effects and night lighting.

Almost all the sound effects were made by me except for the Comedic Record Scratch Sound Effect (Used respectively under a Creative Commons 0 License.)

Music
"Jingle Bells", "Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem", "Up on a Housetop", "Bent and Broken"
Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Re: A Christmas Miracle

Haha, that was funny. The beard thing was extremely random, but that's ok, I suppose. The animation was good too. The night time lighting could have used some work. I can tell that you used fairly normal lighting with just an exposure change because of the long shadows. Shadows cannot be seen at night time, so changing exposure doesn't work for night scenes. (But then again, now that i look at it again, maybe there's a light on in the distant kitchen, and that's casting the shadows...) Keep up the good work, though!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

With the night lighting, I was hoping that it would look like a window was letting light in or maybe some other distant light source in the house, but I guess I could have built something that specified that it was such (a window?). I didn't do much research into it which was stupid of me, but I am overall pretty happy with the result for a first time attempt. My big concern with the video is that it would be hard to tell what was happening (Santa catches parents putting presents under the tree and gets mad) due to the low lighting.

But thanks for the comment! I will definitely consider your constructive points about the night lighting!

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Nice!

Making brickfilms ever since I figured out how to turn on a camera.