Re: Steam

I feel so bad, I have so many Steam games, yet all I ever play on my computer is League of Legends...

Anyways, my Steam ID is mrmindgame if y'all wanna get a community game going. I'm terrible at TF2, BTW. mini/bigsmile

If anyone cares this is my account, if you look at my games played it's almost exclusively single player games.

LASF wrote:

Hey, just wondering, any TF2-players wanna organize a TF2C match? That'd be pretty cool, like a 6s (I doubt we'd get enough for Highlander).

Also, 1k hours. /nolife

I would like to try out competitive tf2. mini/smile

LASF wrote:

Hey, just wondering, any TF2-players wanna organize a TF2C match? That'd be pretty cool, like a 6s (I doubt we'd get enough for Highlander).

Also, 1k hours. /nolife

Well, mate.  My family just got a new computer allowing two of my brothers and myself  two all play simultaneously in the same room.  So that's already three people towards your number right there.

Lee and I are pretty good when we work together.  Wilson's not quite as experienced, but if he's taking commends from both of us we make a deadly trio.

Anyone down for CS:GO comp play? It'd be nice to have a solid group I could play with whenever.

Damn, it's been a while.

Living LEGO wrote:

Anyone down for CS:GO comp play? It'd be nice to have a solid group I could play with whenever.

Damn, it's been a while.

20 hrs on CS:GO. Something tells me I wouldn't be adequate for CS:GO comp.

LASF wrote:
Living LEGO wrote:

Damn, it's been a while.

20 hrs on CS:GO. Something tells me I wouldn't be adequate for CS:GO comp.

The best way to get good at playing CS:GO comp is to play CS:GO comp...I'm not like MGS or anything lol

LASF wrote:

Also, 1k hours. /nolife

I'd be down for a TF2 match with other Brickfilmers if we can get enough people.  I have to warn you, however, that I'm not very good at TF2, even though I've already racked up an embarrassingly large number of hours despite only having had the game for a month and a half or so.  I'm pretty decent at Scout or Engie, though.  For some reason I also keep trying to play as classes I suck at, like Sniper or Spy, in the hopes I'll get better (to be fair, I've gone from being bad at Sniper to being slightly less bad at Sniper... once enemy players stand still so I can actually shoot them...).

Oh yeah, my Steam Profile is here.  Feel free to add me and see for yourself exactly how bad I am at TF2.

Squid wrote:

Well, mate.  My family just got a new computer allowing two of my brothers and myself  two all play simultaneously in the same room.  So that's already three people towards your number right there.

Lee and I are pretty good when we work together.  Wilson's not quite as experienced, but if he's taking commends from both of us we make a deadly trio.

I think you'd have an unfair advantage if you all play on the same team, as you can communicate and coordinate strategies in a way that none of the other players can.  You'd have to split up on different teams or not talk with each other to keep it more balanced, I think.

I also wish there was a better way to communicate in TF2 to better be able to coordinate battle strategies.  Both text and voice chat can be read/heard by the enemy, so you can't really plan a coordinated assault.  Not that I can really use voice chat anyway.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I'll play if I have the time. I, like Vertigo, am not very good at TF2. I haven't played very much, but I've found it to be fun.

My profile.

Last edited by Legocloniac477 (April 10, 2015 (03:08pm))

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I play CS:GO, TF2, and PAYDAY 2 mainly.

Formerly "brickflix"

I am a nonfilming user...for now.

So does anyone play Kerbal Space Program? I am really pumped about the 1.0 release tomorrow, I think it's my favorite 'modern' game, I've already logged around 200 hours on the beta and 1.0 is going to have a ton of new features I am truly excited about.

http://i.imgur.com/LdP54Hq.png

I have it, but burned out a while ago.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I don't, but I've been kinda wanting to get it since some people who like Space Engineers say Space Engineers is like Kerbal Space Program.

I've got over 200 hours logged on Space Engineers.  It's crazy good.   Especially if you like building LEGO constructs because you get to utilize similar silks to design good ships.

The devs describe it as 'LEGO rockets with lots of unintended explosions and little green men that manages to sneakily teach you about orbital mechanics' it's freaking awesome and the mod community is  crazy active so just about anything is possible.

My steam , if anyone cares. I usually just play tf2

El bump.

Anyway, as you're probably aware, the Steam Summer Sale (apparently also known as "wave-goodbye-to-your-money season") is on in full swing, and there are a bunch of games I'm interested in obtaining.  Thing is, I'll likely be getting a new computer in the near future and won't be able to play much on the one I'm currently using.  At the risk of asking a stupid question, is it possible to install Steam games on any computer with your Steam account, or are you just restricted to the computer you've bought them on?  I assume it would be possible to install them on multiple devices since Steam is a purely online service (and it's possible to do this even with retail hard copies of games), but I just wanted to double-check since I for obvious reasons don't want to spend a bunch of money on games that I wouldn't be able to play.

Also, anyone have any recommendations for games to get?  I'm pretty new to gaming, so...

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

Mr Vertigo wrote:

El bump.
At the risk of asking a stupid question, is it possible to install Steam games on any computer with your Steam account, or are you just restricted to the computer you've bought them on?  I assume it would be possible to install them on multiple devices since Steam is a purely online service (and it's possible to do this even with retail hard copies of games), but I just wanted to double-check since I for obvious reasons don't want to spend a bunch of money on games that I wouldn't be able to play.

If you buy them on one device, they can be transferred to another device as long as the Steam powered program is on it. I've done this before, in which I had Battlefront II on my old computer; which crashed, and I logged in to Steam on my newer laptop and re-downloaded it. This function is the same with Apple related apps, games and other material between their devices.
If Steam made you buy the same game for every device you had, they'd either be bankrupt, or have a quadrupled wealth!

Indeed.  You can play your Steam games on any computer that can play them.

However, every time one logs on on a new computer, one must first confirm that they are the true owner of that computer through an E-Mail confirmation.  This is some sort of security precaution just in case someone got your password because they still would not be able to log in to your account from their own computer (unless they had your E-mail password as well).

So far my family has bought I Am Bread and Gang Beasts.  I haven't tried I Am Bread yet, but last night we had a load of laughs with Gang Beasts.  Although it's probably only worth it if you have someone with witch to play local co-op.

EDIT: Roller-Derby Disco Dodge Ball is 66% off.  It's pretty fun.

Last edited by Squid (June 16, 2015 (06:50am))

Yeah, I figured as much, but thanks for clarifying!  In the meantime, I've bought some more games.  Since the sale has started I've picked up:

-Mirror's Edge
-BioShock Triple Pack
-Alien: Isolation
-The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
-Skyrim
-Gunpoint

I'm sort of interested in The Long Dark, The Talos Principle, Black Mesa, a bit on the fence about Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Far Cry 3, and possibly interested in some others.

And now that the Anno series has gone on sale I'm seriously tempted to pick up 1404 and 2070 despite me not wanting to spend more money (Anno 1602 and Anno 1503 were basically my childhood, so I have very fond memories of this series, although I haven't played the newer entries so I don't know how those stack up).  Decisions, decisions...

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (June 18, 2015 (01:28pm))

Extreme bump. If anyone's interested in playing some TF2 or something, feel free to add me on Steam. It'd be cool to play some video games with some people I (kinda/not really) know.