Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer in LEGO

Directory Link

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer in LEGO

YouTube

"So, what did you do with your Saturday?" Well...

Yep, I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to be doing any more trailer recreations, but frankly, it only took a day to do and I just wanted to climb aboard the hype train! Choo choo!

Sorry for the quality (in terms of animation, not pixels) loss in the last shot, I literally just finished it and I'm not too happy with it, but every method of greenscreening I did, didn't work very well. The thumbnail shows that I got out the actual big Millenium Falcon to animate, which I did, but alas I couldn't key out the background. I wanted to get it out today, so that's why it's not as good. Otherwise, I am personally pretty happy with the rest of the trailer.

Formerly known as the2awesomeguys

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer in LEGO

Not bad! Felt a bit rushed, but I can understand you wanting to get this out as quickly as possible. Your compositing is much better then the "viral" attempt that is making its way around the interwebs.

Last edited by RedBrick1 (November 29, 2014 (07:01pm))

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Wow! You beat me to this one. I want to make a version of this too! Great job!:cool:

Not bad, but the effects can be improved.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

RedBrick1 wrote:

Not bad! Felt a bit rushed, but I can understand you wanting to get this out as quickly as possible. Your compositing is much better then the "viral" attempt that is making its way around the interwebs.

Thanks!

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Not bad, but the effects can be improved.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree, particularly with the Millennium Falcon shot. I shouldn't have rushed that. I re-watched it soon after posting and realised that a couple of extra key frames and a reduction of the motion blur could have vastly reduced this issue, but alas the damage was done. Serves me right for being so hasty and not proof-watching it.

Formerly known as the2awesomeguys

Really nice. My only real critique would be that almost all your films seem stretched side ways. Over all for the amount of time you put in to this it turned out quite good.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube