Topic: Collectible Minifig Story Snippet Challenge

This is just a quick idea, I don't care if it doesn't take off or not.

To anyone who buys the collectible minifigures, the challenge is that every time you buy one, you post a brickfilm idea to this thread. It doesn't have to be a long idea, it can just be a snippet of an idea. Here are some examples:

Fairytale Princess kisses a frog, thinking it will turn into a prince, but instead it turns into a brick-built frog the size of a car. Shot so that we think she's about to scream, guards come in ready to attack the beast, but it turns out she finds the giant-frog adorable and keeps it as a pet.

A Jester enters the king's court and starts performing, but the court find his orange and purple colour scheme off-putting. When the king orders him to change into something less offensive, the Jester starts to cry - he's colourblind.

You can even combine two into one:

In the Wild West, a Prospector is looking for gold, but comes across a lamp, and frees a Genie Girl. However, he's a bit loopy and is not fazed by the genie, instead focused on selling the gold lamp. In the end, the genie goes back into her lamp, zaps herself out of the Prospector's hands so the lamp falls into a ravine, away from him. He shrugs and goes off to get some whisky.

These ideas were just on the spot and probably stink, but you get the idea. I've been doing it myself for a while now - Tennis Match and La Conquista both came about this way, and several of my other brickfilms (or ones I'm working on) also began as CMF ideas (even if they didn't have the minifigures in the final film).

I think it might be a fun creative exercise: it doesn't take much time to do an entry, it can force you to think outside the box, and it's a fun way of sharing ideas.

So, go ahead and post your ideas! The challenge is on!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: Collectible Minifig Story Snippet Challenge

Sounds like a fun idea. Hopefully some enjoyable short films come out of this.

Now if only I could find the new collectable minifigs locally!

As Nathan said it does sound like a fun idea, so I'll begin with mine.

Just an idea that came to mind.

In the modern world a GAMER] is playing a game after losing from the big bad dragon a WIZARD] appears! Out to his surprise the GAMER] gets up in defense, defending his mighty house from this WIZARD] the WIZARD] insists his only trying to come to aid in how he can beat this evil dragon, but the GAMER] is yet to believe...

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw

With the upcoming Halloween-themed minifigure series, I think now might be a good time to attempt to revivify the challenge. As soon as they come out in the UK I shall be adding ideas to this thread myself (though I shall likely be incorporating some of these minifigures into future Scooby-Doo works as opposed to originals) and look forward to seeing what others may come up with.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I completely forgot about this. I think these would be great for short projects. I've got a bunch of the minifigures, so once I finish my current project I can try this.

In search for the lost treasure, the Pirate Captain map in his hand was suddenly taken by suprised, when a Wizard cast a spell on him and grabbed the map from him.

Independent toy stores in the UK have started selling the new minifigures, and I picked up three of them yesterday. Here are some 'snippets' I thought of. Since the minifigures are Halloween-based, these ideas are suitably spooky. I'll post them one at a time, to spread them out a bit and give other people a chance to have a go too.

A group of teenagers sneak into an old church to vandalise it, not noticing that behind their back, one of the stone Gargoyles is watching them, following them, with slow and laboured movements. We follow one of the vandals in particular as he starts to notice that his friends aren't responding to him. At first he doesn't think much of it, and carries on graffitying the church. He then notices that the gargoyle that caught his eye on the way in is no longer there. Slightly wigged, he starts looking for his friends, only to find they have all been turned into very frightened-looking statues. Just as the final vandal is about to turn and run, the Gargoyle swoops down, his brutish expression filling the screen. The Gargoyle's eyes glow yellow and the screen cuts to black, a crackling sound accompanying the transition.

It could either be left there, or could fade back in for a final epilogue where the main vandal wakes up, and finds the police are at the church. He and his friends had all 'fainted', and are now being arrested by the police, having been caught for their acts of vandalism. As he is being led out, the main vandal looks up to where the Gargoyle should be, and it's once more sitting on its perch. Did it ever move at all?

Wow. Great ideas on short animations with collectible minifigures. I have many from other series, but I am still trying to find a store with the monster series.

I have completed my animation with the lumberjack! Go to the release forum or the films section to watch it. mini/smile

Last edited by Raptor Studios (October 5, 2015 (02:57pm))