Topic: Question about celtx the pre-production program

Hey I was wondering if celtx was a good program for scriptwriting. I want to write better scripts, but I'm not very good at it.
So I thought celtx might help out with my pre-production. If anyone has some experience with celtx, I hope you can tell me if
its good or not?

Last edited by BlackSmithFilms (September 24, 2014 (11:48am))

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Re: Question about celtx the pre-production program

If you want to write better scripts you have to practice writing. Celtx will help you format your scripts, but it won't effect the quality of the scripts.

When I used it, Celtx was helpful with the formatting. Also, I'm not sure if it's free anymore.

The script writing part is free- https://www.celtx.com/desktop.html

Nathan Wells wrote:

If you want to write better scripts you have to practice writing. Celtx will help you format your scripts, but it won't effect the quality of the scripts.

When I used it, Celtx was helpful with the formatting. Also, I'm not sure if it's free anymore.

It's still free. It is moving to cloud based and the app on iOS is $5 but free on Android. There are paid services like but that is for stuff like storyboards. All the basics are free. As Nathan said this only helps with the formatting.

Thanks guys I definitely will practice writing scripts and probably download celtx.

Thanks Aqua Morph

Thanks End films

Thanks Nathan Wells

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

I'm also using the free celtx to do my storyboard and master catalogue, so - it does more than format your script.  mini/smile

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Thanks togfox, and I just downloaded celtx yesterday and it's already helping me in a big way.