Topic: how to upload images on BiM

Sorry, don't know where to put this post. But seriously, How am I supposed to do that?

Re: how to upload images on BiM

I have also had a bit of trouble with this, but hopefully I can explain.

First upload the image to another site (like Flickr).
Then, you right-click on the image and copy image url.
This done, to post images in the forum you simply paste the url, and type [img]URL[/img]

Here's an example:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7317/11747257923_6c6da999c0_z.jpg

Note:  For Flickr, you need to click on the arrow-above-the-line sign/symbol and select all sizes to be able to copy url.

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

StefanMuscat wrote:

I have also had a bit of trouble with this, but hopefully I can explain.

First upload the image to another site (like Flickr).
Then, you right-click on the image and copy image url.
This done, to post images in the forum you simply paste the url, and type [img]URL[/img]

Here's an example:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7317/11747257923_6c6da999c0_z.jpg

Note:  For Flickr, you need to click on the arrow-above-the-line sign/symbol and select all sizes to be able to copy url.

Thanks, helpful! Can you give me examples of other sites outside flickr that work with this?

The Beginner's Guide to BiM wrote:

Another thing you can post are images. Keep in mind that you cannot just upload an image to this website to post it. Instead, you upload your image to an image hosting website like Photobucket, TinyPic or Majhost. You then retrieve the direct link to the image; that is, a URL to the image itself as opposed to a page with the image on it. You can check if the link is a direct link by seeing whether your link ends with .jpg, .gif or .png (or other image types widely supported by browsers).

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … in-motion/

Can you upload an image without using a photo sharing website?

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Only for avatars and film directory thumbnails. If you're just trying to show an image off on the forums, you'll need to host it on another site and direct-link to it. There are a plethora of good image hosting options available now: a website like imgur will let you upload images without making an account.

Okay, thank you

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Can I post images from google drive? mini/confused

Raptor Studios wrote:

Can I post images from google drive? mini/confused

The image url that you put between "[ i m g ]" and "[ / i m g ]" (without spaces) needs to end with something like .png, .jpg, or whatever file type you are using. If your google drive link doesn't end in .png or .jpg, then right click on the image. There may be an option to "view original image" or something like that... And that page would end in the correct file type.

When you copy a standard link (one that doesn't end with a file extension) you're actually redirecting the link to that webpage, rather than the individual image...

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I think I got it.
[img]file:///Users/ahmarily-johnson/Desktop/IMG_4440.JPG[/img]

Not quite.
First, and most importantly, you'll have to upload your image to an image sharing site. (Flickr, Photobucket, Tinypic, Ect...) We can't see it unless it is already online. You can't just share them directly from your computer hard drive.
Try reading over this topic really thoroughly, and it'll explain everything.

Will it work by uploading a photo to the desktop of my computer or to photos (I use a mac)?

Also, if I have an animation from a while ago that I want to upload, how would I go about getting a thumbnail for the video if I don't have a thumbnail picture for YouTube available to upload?

It would be great if someone could answer my questions mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Will it work by uploading a photo to the desktop of my computer or to photos (I use a mac)?

No, it has to be hosted on an image sharing website; we can't see files on your desktop. To avoid confusion, the only images BrickinMotion hosts are thumbnails and avatars so anything else will have to go to a host like imgur or photobucket.

Also, if I have an animation from a while ago that I want to upload, how would I go about getting a thumbnail for the video if I don't have a thumbnail picture for YouTube available to upload?

You could take a screenshot of the page at the point in the film you want to use and crop it in an image editor to only include the frame. Alternatively, you could download the Youtube thumbnail and just use that (save that image to your computer, crop/resize in an editor, and re-upload).

Brickshelf is a pretty good site for image sharing with LEGO stuff. Obviously free to join and easy to use too.

I would like to recommend Bricksafe. Also free.

Thanks jasper and Aled Owen for the recommendations. I think I might try them out myself! mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

jasper wrote:

I would like to recommend Bricksafe. Also free.

I definitely recommend this over Brickshelf. Brickshelf goes down too often and isn't updated. Bricksafe never has downtime.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I definitely recommend this over Brickshelf. Brickshelf goes down too often and isn't updated. Bricksafe never has downtime.

Thanks for the heads up!

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?