Topic: The Jolly Adventures of the Men Who Travelled In Time (failed BRAWL entry)

Directory Link

The Jolly Adventures of the Men Who Travelled In Time (failed BRAWL entry)

The Jolly Adventures of the Men Who Travelled In Time

All of the animation (except for a single short scene) was animated during BRAWL. Most of the editing and sound design is added afterwards.

This is the first time I've (tried to) enter BRAWL, so disposing the time right was a challenge. I'm really satisfied with some of the shots, yet other shots should've been retaken if I had the time.

Enjoy, and please rate and give constructive critique. I would be thankful if you shared it as well. Thanks!

A Twist of Fate | THAC 11: Fish Tale
Youtube | Twitter

"I see… your name is Bernt."

Re: The Jolly Adventures of the Men Who Travelled In Time (failed BRAWL entry)

Wow, I like it! I haven't seen a story like that in a Brickfilm in a long time. Well done. The animation was smooth, and the sets and camera angles were great too. I even liked the car smoke, it gave a great effect. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

It's great!
You did amazingly with the sets, animation, and camera work, and the voice acting only increases the quality.
The first shot blew me away, and really shows off your skill with camera movements.
The use of non-Lego elements was handled well, as was the use of little color in that one scene.
Nothing really stuck out as needing improvement, it's just that well made.

The plot seems very similar to my " Rooftops ]". And that general idea was used in another entry, though your film does much better with it. It's a very well done film, and it's too bad that you couldn't have finished in time.

That was.... B...B....BEAUTIFUL!!! I will never brickfilm again! *sob*

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Thank you, guys!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

The plot seems very similar to my " Rooftops ". And that general idea was used in another entry, though your film does much better with it. It's a very well done film, and it's too bad that you couldn't have finished in time.

I didn't think of that when I wrote the screenplay, but when you mention it, I do realize the similarities to your film. The concept is well used, that's for sure, but that's probably because more people than you and I find it interesting. mini/smile

brickelodeon wrote:

…I will never brickfilm again! *sob*

Please, do continue to brickfilm! Glad you liked the film, though. mini/wink

Youtube | Twitter

I really enjoyed it; the animation was good, the idea creative, and the sets were great. I don't think you needed to blatantly mention development though, I think the story adhered to the theme well enough without that.

That opening scene was great.  I'm kinda glad this missed BRAWL because that means you had the time to make it better.  mini/smile

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Thanks again, folks!

backyardlegos wrote:

I don't think you needed to blatantly mention development though, I think the story adhered to the theme well enough without that.

Yeah, you're probably right about that. I think I was kind of afraid the theme wasn't shown clearly enough, and you know, "just to be sure…" It's typical of me to think something like that. I totally agree I should've let it out of the script. Although I'm a little ashamed of it, I'm glad you pointed that out.

Youtube | Twitter

This is great, I love it so much.