Topic: Chroma keying help!

So I was recently making a scene where I chroma-key in the background. However, despite the fact that I got the background colour as solid as I could, Sony Vegas could not key it so that JUST the background was edited out. Can anyone help me out?

http://i60.tinypic.com/30w5dfq.jpg

Other than the shadow, what can I do differently?

Last edited by Brickelodeon (August 8, 2014 (11:55am))

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Re: Chroma keying help!

@Brickelodeon, can you maybe post a frame of the scene you are doing?

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Agreed ^

Are you really trying to use green bricks in front of a green screen? When I green screen something I try to get the object as far away from the backdrop as possible and use a high f-stop, like f/16 or f/22 so the subject has no blurry edges, 100% of your problem is caused by the footage, I would reshoot, and I try to avoid green screening as much as I can because it's hard.

Here is what I have atm.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Perhaps you could try a blue screen instead. Or adjust your lighting situation so the screen doesn't reflect onto the knight and horse as much.

Thanks, but I think I'll just cut the scene.

The only main issue i see is really that shadow. Shadows can be very hard to key out.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16