Topic: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (PART 1)

Directory Link

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (PART 1)

YouTube

--Special Thanks to the Formidable Cast--

Sean Strawson as Vernon Dursley
Aderu Moro as Petunia Dursley
Geertos13 as Harry Potter
Andrew Allister as Dudley Dursley
JimA73 as Malcolm
Wolf Animations as Piers
Stephanie Gooch as Arabella Figg
FilmMaker16 as Dennis & Mundungus Fletcher
Matthew Curtis as Newreader & Albus Dumbledore
Sheila M. Gagne as Mafalda Hopkirk
Earl of Bassignton as Alastor Moody
T. Kyle Smiley as Remus Lupin
Razaq Mzale as Kingsley Shacklebolt
Anairis Quinones as Nymphadora Tonks

--Plot--

Harry Potter is hiding in the flowerbed beneath the open living room window of his Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon’s home at Four Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey. Suddenly, a thunderous crack rips through the neighborhood, and Harry leaps up so quickly that he smashes his head on the window, alerting his aunt and uncle to his hiding place in the garden. Harry is sure that the crack was someone either Apparating or Disapparating, and he leaves Privet Drive to investigate its source. Harry wanders off to a local playground and watches as his cousin, Dudley, leading a gang of delinquents, slinks past. He approaches Dudley, and the two boys begin to argue as the night becomes pitch black and very cold. Harry realizes that dementors are about to attack. After much struggle, Harry uses his wand to summon a Patronus stag, and the stag saves both boys. Mrs. Figg, Harry’s neighbor, comes running toward them. She  tells Harry that someone named Mundungus Fletcher had been ordered to follow him and keep him safe, but that Mundungus must have left his watch to buy more stolen cauldrons. Mrs. Figg warns Harry that Dumbledore will soon know he’s used his magic outside of Hogwarts. Suddenly, Harry hears another crack, and Mundungus appears. Mrs. Figg demands that Mundungus return to Hogwarts immediately and explain to Dumbledore why Harry needed to use his magic.

Harry and Dudley return to Privet Drive. While entering, Dudley vomits and falls over. Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon answer the door and fuss over him, demanding to know exactly what happened. Dudley points to Harry, and as Harry begins to explain, an owl flies through an open window, dropping a letter that expels Harry from Hogwarts for improper use of magic and announces that someone will be arriving shortly to destroy his wand. Another owl arrives, carrying a special kind of letter known as a Howler, which literally howls its message to its recipient. The owl bypasses Harry and deposits the letter on Petunia’s head. The letter howls: “Remember my last, Petunia.” Petunia demands that Harry stay, despite Vernon’s wishes. Petunia refuses to tell Harry what the message means and insists that he not leave his room.

After wakening from a terrible nightmare, Harry heads downstairs to investigate a noise coming from the kitchen. He is greeted by a group of wizards: Mad-Eye Moody, Professor Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge and Sturgis Podmore, and Hestia Jones. They have come to transport him somewhere safe to await his hearing without further danger.

Last edited by Geertos13 (August 19, 2014 (03:16am))

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3855/14765871900_1e2a72c84a.jpg
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of stuff - Thomas Edison

Re: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (PART 1)

Although I like original films rather than liscensed-theme based films, I found myself enjoying this. The sets and props and lighting were spectacular.

Some Lego, Some Lego, my kingdom for some Lego.

This is beautiful, Glad to help you out with it. 5/5

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ibm441.jpg

I loved it! Your work has always been entertaining and very impressive. mini/smile

Your set work is always seriously jaw-dropping, and here it delivers. I found myself really enjoying the animation details, like the room shaking when the Howler exploded, and things like that. The dialogue was great as well, the arguments between Harry and Vernon were very fun to watch. The pacing was well done, although I thought that the beginning was maybe a little too sped up; I thought it could have taken a bit more time to get to the part were Harry and Dudley are attacked by the Dementors, maybe with a little slower introduction, but I don't think it really detracted from the story, just an idea. It could also be interesting if maybe the members of the Order had a little bit more screen time; maybe talking a bit more between each other, or maybe a scene where they try to walk out of the house without waking up the Dursleys, but again, just an idea.

Your VFX and cinematography work is very impressive; I especially enjoyed the scene where Harry is nearly attacked by one of the Dementors. The combination of the great angle and camera movement with the awesome visual effects makes it quite an epic scene. And I loved the ending; great shot. Can't wait to see more of the upcoming parts! Yours films are always an awesome and ambitious brickfilming experience! mini/wink

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Thanks for the kind replies, I just noticed we still have a five out of five stars, which is really cool mini/smile

Tobias wrote:

I loved it! Your work has always been entertaining and very impressive. mini/smile

[...] The pacing was well done, although I thought that the beginning was maybe a little too sped up; I thought it could have taken a bit more time to get to the part were Harry and Dudley are attacked by the Dementors, maybe with a little slower introduction, but I don't think it really detracted from the story, just an idea. It could also be interesting if maybe the members of the Order had a little bit more screen time; maybe talking a bit more between each other, or maybe a scene where they try to walk out of the house without waking up the Dursleys, but again, just an idea. [...]

Thanks for the detailled review Tobias, I feel you're totally right. as to the point I quoted you by. The Pacing did seem a little off in the Dementor Part. What I mean by that is, if you look at the general pacing of the video, this scene marks a break, as I decided to go abruptly to the alleyway and not fade into it by having Dudley and Harry run for a few shots for instance or build up more tension. I wanted it to have this oppressive, immediate feeling that there’s no escape. There’s no need to run, you can’t get away. And that’s why I didn’t film it. However, looking back now, I think that might have been a mistake, as the general pacing might have suffered from it.
As a matter of fact however, the Dursleys are not home in both the book and the movie. (In the book, the Order made them believe they were invited at a contest for the best lawn of the city and the stupid muggles fell for it) and in the movie, which I find a more plausible explanation, they left the same night to bring Dudley to the Hospital. I do get your point though and it would have been an interesting idea to get a sort of silence escape scene mini/smile

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3855/14765871900_1e2a72c84a.jpg
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of stuff - Thomas Edison

Geertos13 wrote:

Thanks for the kind replies, I just noticed we still have a five out of five stars, which is really cool mini/smile

Tobias wrote:

[...] The pacing was well done, although I thought that the beginning was maybe a little too sped up; I thought it could have taken a bit more time to get to the part were Harry and Dudley are attacked by the Dementors, maybe with a little slower introduction, but I don't think it really detracted from the story, just an idea. It could also be interesting if maybe the members of the Order had a little bit more screen time; maybe talking a bit more between each other, or maybe a scene where they try to walk out of the house without waking up the Dursleys, but again, just an idea. [...]

Thanks for the detailled review Tobias, I feel you're totally right. as to the point I quoted you by. The Pacing did seem a little off in the Dementor Part. What I mean by that is, if you look at the general pacing of the video, this scene marks a break, as I decided to go abruptly to the alleyway and not fade into it by having Dudley and Harry run for a few shots for instance or build up more tension. I wanted it to have this oppressive, immediate feeling that there’s no escape. There’s no need to run, you can’t get away. And that’s why I didn’t film it. However, looking back now, I think that might have been a mistake, as the general pacing might have suffered from it.
As a matter of fact however, the Dursleys are not home in both the book and the movie. (In the book, the Order made them believe they were invited at a contest for the best lawn of the city and the stupid muggles fell for it) and in the movie, which I find a more plausible explanation, they left the same night to bring Dudley to the Hospital. I do get your point though and it would have been an interesting idea to get a sort of silence escape scene mini/smile

Oh I see! Haha, that's interesting.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.