Re: BRAWL 2014 IS OVER!

REALLY GLAD I DID THIS
If anybody notices the extremely poor quality it's because i had to upload at like 720p due to time constraints so I will re-upload tomorrow at full possible quality (which still isn't great, but it should be substantially better). It's great that everybody's so pumped up about it and I am just happy I got an excuse to make a mediocre film yet be able to skip out of basically all of my responsibilities for several days, which helped a LOT. Btw, if you view my film and have critiques for me please be honest about it. After all, I only want to improve in brick-filming and truthful reviews are super helpful.

10sfy20.jpg.png

Wow, 2 hours and 6 minutes in total created in one week. Now we just need JonnDthunDer to take his off private so we can watch them all.

Not entirely happy with mine, and I didn't get to shoot some scenes because of time constraints, but I'm glad I managed to enter.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Good luck to everyone that entered! The only entree I saw was Jampot's, and it was impressive! If I have any time to spare I must watch a few more of them!

There are so many good entries, it will be hard for the judges to pick the winners mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/0X6EoJh.jpg
YouTube Channel : All My Links ↑Click for newest animation!↑

I'm really impressed with Blinders by NathanWells. Such a subtle and intriguing film that makes you ask questions. I love films that do that. Plus it had good sound design and beautiful sets.

I also really enjoyed Harrison's We the Pumpkins Three. Very originals and different from any brickfilm I've seen before. So that was really refreshing. Cool concept, nice sets, and some cool effects as well. The creativity here is superb.

twickabrick, you've got another stellar film to add to your repertoire as well. Delightful concept that was well executed. I loved the sound design mixed with the cool animation effects. Oh man, that button being pushed. Little things like that make me geek out. The element of humor was perfectly done too.

GHBMovingPictures - You're entry was quite good as well. Timing was fairly good and the sets were nice too. The story was very interesting and thought provoking too. Similar to Nathan's, films that make me think are always a winner in my book. I was disappointed though that you included the meaning behind the video in the description. I made the mistake of looking at the description before watching the video. It kind of cheapens the effect, sort of like having the punch line to a joke explained. I would've rather had the video be left to the viewer to interpret. Overall though, a solid entry. I especially liked the transitions from the door scenes to the flashbacks. Those were beautiful.

Arginnon wrote:

it will be hard for the judges to pick the winners mini/smile

I'll do my best. ._.7

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Arginnon wrote:

There are so many good entries, it will be hard for the judges to pick the winners mini/smile

Well it's a good thing the judges pick the winners by scoring each entry individually, otherwise it'd be near on impossible to separate some of the entries by choice.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

Ugh, sorry it was on private, I was having a ton of trouble with the  upload actually completing correctly.  There was an earthquake here on Friday I think, and it knocked out a fiber cable under the ocean that gets our internet so it's been really spotty. 

For those of you who want to see it, here's the link inside the playlist (actually working properly this time)

I'll be releasing it pretty soon at the aspect ratio it's meant to be watched in, that will be the public version on my channel. 

And I must say, I was really impressed by most of the entries I've seen so far, it's crazy how much some people can do in a week!

Never finished mine, maybe next year.  mini/sad
I am really excited to watch the playlist. There were some amazing animators who entered this year!

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Been watching other peoples' entries all morning, and have now realised I honestly don't stand a chance.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jampot wrote:

Been watching other peoples' entries all morning, and have now realised I honestly don't stand a chance.

Join the club man. I enjoyed your film though, maybe not the best theme interpretation, but everything else was great, and it provided some food for thought.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/thatsfinestudios
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thatsfinestudios

"Always, and I mean always, keep the instruction books!"

jampot wrote:

So far I haven't seen anything that looks like a serious threat to me not getting last place, and I'm really happy about that.
Thanks to everyone for putting effort into your videos.

Defeat shall be mine! Ha ha ha ha ha!

So far I like Sir-Glub's video best.  Twickabrick's is also one of my favourites.

(I still hope Pumpkins places highly, though)

Can we hace the RELEASES forum back now?  mini/tongue

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Repelling Spider wrote:

GHBMovingPictures - You're entry was quite good as well. Timing was fairly good and the sets were nice too. The story was very interesting and thought provoking too. Similar to Nathan's, films that make me think are always a winner in my book. I was disappointed though that you included the meaning behind the video in the description. I made the mistake of looking at the description before watching the video. It kind of cheapens the effect, sort of like having the punch line to a joke explained. I would've rather had the video be left to the viewer to interpret. Overall though, a solid entry. I especially liked the transitions from the door scenes to the flashbacks. Those were beautiful.

Thanks a ton! It actually means a lot to me when people find my films enjoyable, especially thought provoking. The reason I put the meaning of the film in the description was mainly because I thought many people wouldn't understand it because of the mediocre job I did. I wanted to make sure the message was clear if anything. But anyways, thank you!

Squid wrote:

So far I haven't seen anything that looks like a serious threat to me not getting last place, and I'm really happy about that.
Thanks to everyone for putting effort into your videos.

Defeat shall be mine! Ha ha ha ha ha!

It takes great skill to snatch Defeat from the jaws of Victory.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Thanks, Repelling Spider!

Will there a be a results chat, or will the results just be announced in a thread?

Here are my top five favorite BRAWL films:

5.  The Room

4.  Character Development

3.  If Prison Bars Could Talk

2.  We The Pumpkins Three

1.  Teleporter Trouble

I suppose if we're doing top fives, here's my pick.

5. Photographic Developments

4. Only Human

3. The Website

2. Character Development

1. Teleporter Trouble

Honourable Mention: Blood Cop

twickabrick wrote:

Thanks, Repelling Spider!

Will there a be a results chat, or will the results just be announced in a thread?

They should be on a thread. A chat? I don't think so. mini/tongue

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."