Re: BRAWL 2014 Update Thread!

Well, from the looks of it, I'll probably be finishing in time. In spite of that, I'm not really happy with my entry at all. I was a little too over ambitious in the beginning, which really contributed to the film's failure to really accomplish its goal. It will practically be an embarrassment to upload it honestly. Oh well. At least I'll be able to say I entered.(Hopefully)

One thing the I learned from this, and last THAC, is that making a super serious film, especially one that needs a large conveyance of emotion, isn't really the best idea during either BRAWL or THAC. Unless your a really good filmmaker, just stay away from it. I hope for THAC 12 later this year I can make something that I'm actually proud of for once.

Last edited by GHB (July 25, 2014 (05:41pm))

GHB wrote:

One thing the I learned from this, and last THAC, is that making a super serious film, especially one that needs a large conveyance of emotion, isn't really the best idea during either BRAWL or THAC. Unless your a really good filmmaker, just stay away from it.

I wish I knew that before I was this far into the contest.

@GHB, I'm sure it's just fine. Making a film in this time is tough, and a few tiny flaws are expected.
Don't be so hard on yourself. And if nothing else, you'll have finished a BRAWL and learned a lot.

Also, 92%

I was rendering the video for the fifth time. Each time I've caught and fixed several flaws with cropping or audio or various credit spellings. This was going to be the final one. The perfect one. The final long stretch of 45 minutes or so.
And Sony Vegas crashed randomly at 92% completion.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/69.gif

Good part is, I still have plenty of time to get it rendered and uploaded. Thank goodness this ain't THAC.
Render 6 at 1%.....2%.....3%.....

GHB wrote:

One thing the I learned from this, and last THAC, is that making a super serious film, especially one that needs a large conveyance of emotion, isn't really the best idea during either BRAWL or THAC. Unless your a really good filmmaker, just stay away from it. I hope for THAC 12 later this year I can make something that I'm actually proud of for once.

That's odd, because both my last THAC and my BRAWL entry, are both super serious, and I'm not really good.

GHB wrote:

I think it depends on what interests you mini/smile If you're a serious type of filmmaker, that's the best thing to go with.

I only have 2 more shots left. My computer dropped too, but it seems all in one piece. Might take it into the store to get it looked at after BRAWL.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

I've submitted a BRAWL film.

I sure hope I lose.  It's horrid.

Kieren Barnett wrote:
GHB wrote:

I think it depends on what interests you mini/smile If you're a serious type of filmmaker, that's the best thing to go with.

I only have 2 more shots left. My computer dropped too, but it seems all in one piece. Might take it into the store to get it looked at after BRAWL.

Yeah I guess your right. It depends on the person. But for me, I'm probably going to be sticking to something a little less complicated next time. mini/smile

Squid wrote:

I've submitted a BRAWL film.

I sure hope I lose.  It's horrid.

You always come out with amazing films, I doubt this one will be any different.

My film is all complete, I just hope I can spend enough time on sound effects, because I'm usually terrible at it, and this film needs them to be good.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

I'm literally super close to being done, its just a matter of checking everything and seeing if I need to change anything.

Editing, sound design and digital effects...

Editing, sound design and digital effects...

Wash, rinse, repeat...

I know I'm going to make it, so I'm feeling good. It all just depends on how long I want to spend getting the sound design and effects perfect.

Alright guys, get this. I finish my film after a whole week of toiling away, staying up super late every night, and just being miserable, and when I click export to youtube from Hitfilm 2 Express, I get this message:

You are running in demo mode, therefore you can only export up to 30 seconds of footage.

That's complete bull-crap. Apparently Hitfilm was giving away free copies of "Hitfilm 2 Express." They didn't say it was the DEMO!!!!!!! I don't know guys, I feel like crap cuz I actually did finish my BRAWL film but now I probably can't enter just because the demo version of Hitfilm 2 Express only allows 30 secs to be exported. I can't switch to a different editor and restart because I don't have time as I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow morning. Poo, thanks Hitfilm.

GHB wrote:

Alright guys, get this. I finish my film after a whole week of toiling away, staying up super late every night, and just being miserable, and when I click export to youtube from Hitfilm 2 Express, I get this message:

You are running in demo mode, therefore you can only export up to 30 seconds of footage.

That's complete bull-crap. Apparently Hitfilm was giving away free copies of "Hitfilm 2 Express." They didn't say it was the DEMO!!!!!!! I don't know guys, I feel like crap cuz I actually did finish my BRAWL film but now I probably can't enter just because the demo version of Hitfilm 2 Express only allows 30 secs to be exported. I can't switch to a different editor and restart because I don't have time as I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow morning. Poo, thanks Hitfilm.

Did you enter the serial key when you got it?

It's 2:20 AM and I'm STILL working on my video. mini/blankexpression

GHB wrote:

I actually did finish my BRAWL film but not I probably can't enter just because the demo version of Hitfilim 2 Express only allows 30 secs to be exported.

How long is you video?

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

Wammy wrote:

GHB wrote:

I actually did finish my BRAWL film but not I probably can't enter just because the demo version of Hitfilim 2 Express only allows 30 secs to be exported.

How long is you video?

Seven minutes 16 seconds. mini/sad

Wammy wrote:

You and me both. I've been up since about 3am everyday. *yawn*

LASF wrote:
Wammy wrote:

You and me both. I've been up since about 3am everyday. *yawn*

I've just woken up.  Gonna go straight and animate the last bit.

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

I'm rendering my video as I type this. After it's done, I'll do one check on it, and then I'll upload it and submit.

Oh my god, it feels so good to have my video done early and not be scrambling at the last minute.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

LASF wrote:

Did you enter the serial key when you got it?

Sadly, no. I didn't know about any serial key.

Last edited by GHB (July 26, 2014 (12:18am))

I've been editing so much.

So much editing.

It's amazing how much editing.

So many sounds.

In fact, I think I'm going to create some new sounds before this is over.

Right now my film is barely three minutes.  In fact, I do think that this is likely to be shorter than my THAC video.
I've cut out around forty or so seconds of animation.  I over animated a lot just to make sure I had options in editing.  And I'm glad of it.
Right now I'm doing a test render to see how long that will take and to see how it all's going.  It will likely take hours.
It's past three right now and I don't know how much longer I can go.  But i want this film to be as nice as possible when I'm done.

But I've still got one video finished at least.  I'm happy about that.  I've finished BRAWL again.