Topic: Anyone made a camera crane?

For my current project ive found a way to do/make an effective dolly shot.  Ive also made a "pan device" for ... Pans.  Ive also built a camera rig that allows me to shoot straight down onto a table (think pencil animation).  Ive made these out of lego of course with my web cam (not a heavy dslr).  Being forever ambitious, id like to build a camera crane.  More than once ive wanted to do a tracking frontal or over the shoulder or even a tracking pan but they look terrible as long as the cam is grounded.  Even worse if the shot demands the camera is iver studs (frontal track).

Anyone built a rig like this for a web cam out of lego or others?

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Re: Anyone made a camera crane?

David Boddy has a pretty neat brick-built rig that I remember him showing off in his Thacumentary for THAC7.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Kooberz Studios made a crane for a flying vehicle in an animation, but it could also be used for a webcam. http://youtu.be/MjY816ARY0M

Thanks - those crane shots David did a really obvious for their uniqueness.  You hardly ever see those shots in a brick film so now that's my new goal.  mini/smile

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Wow I love the camera rig from David Boddy, I am going to try to build something like that!