Topic: Some concerns (split from Creativity in licensed IPs)

i swear to god if i see either lucas or carrollfilms be obnoxiously policing to holdingourown one more time im going to snap

make them stop

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Re: Some concerns (split from Creativity in licensed IPs)

I have to agree with you there. I'm sure we all have gripes with another member of this forum in some way, but it's not appropriate to vocalise those gripes, especially not as rudely as they seem to.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

What did I miss?

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Yeah...did a large chunk of this thread get deleted? Not that I disagree. Its just...huh?

I tell you what I want to see - more Brickfilms that use licensed IPs that have yet to actually be turned into LEGO. Like LEGO Star Trek, LEGO Doctor Who, or LEGO Hunger Games. Mindgame, Keshen, and Smeagol have done some Brickfilms like this to great effect. This is probably because by creating a Brickfilm using other LEGO already requires some creativity, meaning that creativity bleeds into the plot.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Sorry about the apparent deletion of posts, folks. That isn't how we do things. We have some new moderators who are still learning the ropes, I'm looking into it.

edit: as far as I can determine, JK's post was a nonsequitur and there were no deleted posts? Did anybody see posts that are now deleted?

Last edited by Sméagol (June 19, 2014 (04:00pm))

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Hmm, I didn't notice any posts getting deleted in this thread, but that would explain a lot.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

There shouldn't have been any posts that were deleted; I saw JK's post pretty much right after he made it, it was pretty much random then and everything appears to be the same as it was.

jampot wrote:

Hmm, I didn't notice any posts getting deleted in this thread, but that would explain a lot.

What about carrol and lucas? That seems to be the source of confusion.

The mods are looking into it. In the meantime, let's get back on topic regarding creativity in using existing IPs.

i thought this was cafe corner . oh

i saw the c in the front of the thread title and . im an idiot

edit - wait. were the posts moved? is that possible. i feel like im certain i posted that in cafe corner

Last edited by Just Kidden (June 19, 2014 (08:07pm))

Just Kidden wrote:

edit - wait. were the posts moved? is that possible. i feel like im certain i posted that in cafe corner

I do not believe they were moved, or at least to the best of my knowledge.

I have split this topic off from jampot's Creativity in licensed IPs thread so both topics can continue to be discussed while not derailing each other.

Nathan Wells wrote:

I have split this topic off from jampot's Creativity in licensed IPs thread so both topics can continue to be discussed while not derailing each other.

Wait, Nathan, are you a moderator now?

Just Kidden wrote:

The post wasn't moved, but sometimes in tabbed browsing this happens to me on accident. I think a mistake is the most likely explanation.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

LASF wrote:

Wait, Nathan, are you a moderator now?

Yes, he is.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

I believe I have only ever written a post in response to HOO four times and even then you can't really say I was "policing" him. - heck 2 of those posts were me asking what he thought of Breaking Bad

EDIT: I'd also like to bring up that CarrollFilms has not posted anything at all in about a month.

Last edited by Lucas (June 20, 2014 (12:16pm))

i might just be getting you confused with carroll because you have like the exact same hellbenders avatar

anyway it's annoying because every single thread i get linked to it seems like either one of you are being jackholes to him for no reason, and basically being more insufferable in general than anything he's ever done

Just Kidden wrote:

i might just be getting you confused with carroll because you have like the exact same hellbenders avatar

anyway it's annoying because every single thread i get linked to it seems like either one of you are being jackholes to him for no reason, and basically being more insufferable in general than anything he's ever done

I suggest you go look through his posts and check the last time he ever responded to anything HOO has posted

??? I've been named here a lot but I don't see what it was about.  But I love you all.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Confusion, confusion for ALL THE PEOPLEZ!