Topic: The Old Wild West

Directory Link

The Old Wild West

YouTube

A short animation of the Old Wild West in the world of Lego.

This short was made for one of my college classes I'm taking this summer. All the animation was done in just under two weeks. I was fairly pleased with how it came out so I thought I'd upload it and share it with all of you. Hope you enjoy it! mini/smile

Re: The Old Wild West

This is really great, especially considering it was done in under two weeks!

"May Warriors Fortunes Smile On Your Efforts, and May the Force be With You."

That... was... AWESOME!!!

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

While I feel like the animation could be a little choppy at times, I still really enjoyed the style of movement in this short. Also your set design skills really shone through towards the end of the film. Plan on making any more over the summer? mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

The set design was great, loved the rock formations in the background, they really added some depth. The animation overall was quite nice, although the opening "fight" between the scorpions seemed a bit rough. The part where you follow focused while the minifig walked toward the camera was nice, but the jumps in focus were large enough that it seemed a bit jarring. Great sound design, all the sounds seemed to fit nicely.

Really enjoyed it!

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Boy, that piano sure sounds a lot like a banjo mini/tongue . Really good work, the animation was well done, and you did a good job animating some more unusual actions. The sets were amazing, I really like the chandeliers. Not much of a story, but it's a nice pretty piece of work to look at. It's an all around nice display of technical skill, with some funny animation gags to boot, great work. mini/smile

Thanks for the comments and feedback everyone! Appreciate it! mini/smile 

Walter Benson wrote:

Plan on making any more over the summer?

I would like to make at least one more short animation before the summer is over. Have a couple of ideas I'm throwing around right now.

backyardlegos wrote:

Boy, that piano sure sounds a lot like a banjo mini/tongue.

lol Someone finally commented on the piano. Surprisingly not too many people are noticing that.

That was a really fun watch. I do agree that, at times, the animation did seems a bit choppy, but it didn't really detract from the film at all. mini/wink