Topic: Ideas for "Time Games"

I'm making a film for STAR called "Time Games" It's about a scientist who invents a time machine (original, right)

He decides to go on many trips to many points in time, and each time he comes back to his time, it's changed a little.

I'm wondering A. where he should go?  B. when he comes back to his time, what should the changes be?

(I'm not very good at making scripts)

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Re: Ideas for "Time Games"

Duke Boy wrote:

(original, right)

No. It's not. This has been done so many times it's amazing.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

justkidden wrote:
Duke Boy wrote:

(original, right)

He was being sarcastic, you know.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

HE WAS?!

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Yes, have a medal.

The idea is over used but when done well comes out really good, if you include an interesting twist or plot it will stand out from the other films of that genre.

_2014

Maybe at the end, he could go back in time, and accidentaly kill a famous person (Perhaps George Washington?) Or change a historic event (Like make it where the Allies lost D-Day, maybe?).

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

Or he was involved in a famous historic event, like made the Allies win the war and it was fate that made him travel back in time and change something.

_2014

So maybe he's Russian?

You know, randomparrot, why not we do this project together?

meme

It's his film let him keep it. If he decides he doesn't want it yeah I wouldn't mind.

_2014

I was talking about writing our own script for it.

meme

justkidden wrote:
Duke Boy wrote:

(original, right)

I WAS being sarcastic.

Yeah, I was going to try to make it different then all of the other time movies.

How about this. He doesn't go BACK in time and changes events of his time, he goes FORWARD in time and changes events of the future.

Last edited by Duke Boy (April 24, 2009 (10:16am))

Original idea: Back To the Future.
New idea: Back To the Future 2.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Either that, or he could have a doo doo in a time machine. That would make a great film (PM me if you decide to do that, mmkay?).

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Some ideas that popped up in my mind:

He goes back in time, but his time machine gets stolen and is going to be used for great evil, he has to stop them (bit cheesy).

He goes forward in time and sees how crappy/beautiful the world of the future is.
- If the world is beautiful: He wants to stay and tries to build up a new life but he soon finds out the world isn't that beautiful and he realises he belongs in his own time.
- If the world is crappy: He learns about the world of the future and after some problems he returns to his own time and tries to change the world of today, for a better world of tomorrow (lol that sounds like a miss world speech).
^I think at least one of these is an actual movie, not sure though.

He goes back in time and discovers a some dirty secrets about his parents/family, which will lead to a new adventure.

This is my favourite idea:
He goes back in time to once or more to one or more historic events. He then plays an important role in that event and ends up being on a famous picture/painting/etc we know today.
E.g. He goes back to the time of Jezus and plays an important role in whatever Jezus did exactly (I'm not religious) and ends up on that painting of the last supper.

Hazzat wrote:

Original idea: Back To the Future.
New idea: Back To the Future 2.

Haha for some weird reason I laughed at that. A lot.

But I think you should try writing a whole new script and start with an idea that pretty much has no relations to STAR then figure it out a little a little farther on when you get a for original idea down.

I know what i'm gonna do! It will be very different then the idea I posted earlier. It will still be about "time travel" but it will be more original (I hope)

For me, being normal is abnormal

Off-topic, but Duke Boy, you don't have to type For me, being normal is abnormal at the end of every post. Just go to your profile and edit your signature so that it says that.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I did that, thanks.

Well, he could grab something modern (like a flashlight, watch, calculator, etc...), bring it to the past and give it to someone. When he gets back to the present, he sees that the whole world is barbaric with war everywhere. The main plot is that he has to visit different time periods to see how that one event affected the world.

MY STAR film is about time travel too. Actually, its an old storyline from AIM that ended up on the cutting room floor.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

My STAR film will take place in a differant dimention. It is about a homeless guy who is "recruted" (by that I mean kidnapped) to test a time machine. he is sent back in time (being watched by the people who kidnapped him) to many places (i'll be able to make up my own history since this is an alternate dimention)