Topic: Red Tide

Directory Link

Red Tide

YouTube

Here is a film made for Scholarshipred, a scholarship for redheads. Enjoy!

MSEP

Re: Red Tide

I disliked this video.

Not even because it was bad, it was pretty decent. The animation was fine although you should ease it a bit more and there was a bit of camera shake and light flicker, but i'm okay with that as it wasn't too much.

I disliked it because as i expected when i saw the ridiculously discriminating description here, it's filled with untrue statements and crappy jokes about having red hair.

I'm seriously sick of it. I've been born with orange-red hair and i cannot do anything about that. I've met numerous people that didn't even want to talk to me or bullied me just because either they watched too much South Park or they legitimately just hate red hair for no reason.

And adding all those dumb jokes like "uuguguhh gnigers hav no soul" and that stuff to it really isn't something you'd want in a movie that (how weird it sounds) promotes people with red hair. I'm assuming you have red hair yourself, and just saying words like "ginger" and "redhead" really shouldn't be something you should be proud of.

This critisism was promoted by I'm-not-some-idiot-who-just-says-mean-things-for-no-reason-i-actually-give-the-reason Inc.

signature

That is quite understandable. I am disappointed that you disliked this video, but I comprehend why. I was a bit concerned that people would have your point of view. The point of the video, however, was to point out those untrue statements and make fun of them. I have received some of the same treatment as you, but I have learned to live with it and mock it. Frankly, I am tired of those jokes, too, but this video was meant to show people how ridiculous some of those jokes are. However, while I am not a fan of the term "ginger," I have nothing against the term "redhead." It is what we are, and I am ok with that. That is also why I don't have a problem with the terms "blonde" and "brunette." I realize that the jokes can be abrasive, but I don't take them too seriously and neither does this video. Thanks for your criticism.

MSEP

I understand that but looking at this video it rather seems as if you just used the joke, it doesn't really make fun of it a lot. Also, i didn't really dislike it but rather the use of jokes and terms like that.

Look, this brickfilm really makes fun of a commonly used phrase. What you did was take a commonly used phrase/mean joke and expand on it rather than make fun of it.

signature