Re: The Legend of Leszek

Thanks everyone! I posted some behind the scenes pics on Flickr, so check them out if you're interested. There also might be a BTS video soon.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

If I were to nit-pick, I'd complain about the use of white clay when black or green would have blended in more...

I wish I'd thought of that. mini/eek

Squirrels Armed Studios wrote:

Can you post a tutorial for the animation ?

I don't know about doing a tutorial, but what really helped me was to see the animation in my head clearly before I started to animate.
And take your time too.

Last edited by AniMax (April 28, 2014 (10:00am))

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2906/14493643070_db4eab9412_o.png

Hi, I've got a quick, and probably-considered-dumb question.  What do you use for your out-of-socket movment?  Playdoh?  Modeling Clay?  etc.  Also, is there a way to minimize the arm falling out of the socket?

YouTube | I'm making music now. Have a listen. | Website

Currently on hiatus from making my own brickfilms. In the process of learning music production techniques.
Need a voice actor? Hit me up.

Usually I find something give constructive criticism about, but for this masterpiece..I honestly got nuthin. Any complaint I could possibly conceive is so minor I can't even mention it. I loved everything about this, from the narration to cinematography. Amazing, and I hope to see more like it.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Great animation indeed, like the story, but LOL what brought me here was the name. In fact "leszek" means "i will be" in hungarian mini/lol so... Yeah lol
Ever thought about diong longer brickfilms. This was really good!!

Very well done.

Lego Stax wrote:

Hi, I've got a quick, and probably-considered-dumb question.  What do you use for your out-of-socket movment?  Playdoh?  Modeling Clay?  etc.  Also, is there a way to minimize the arm falling out of the socket?

Sometimes I used a kneaded eraser (that was just lying around on my desk) and sometimes some putty. The way to minimize the arm from falling is to use a lot of it, but be careful so it doesn't show on camera.

LegoStudiosP wrote:

Great animation indeed, like the story, but LOL what brought me here was the name. In fact "leszek" means "i will be" in hungarian mini/lol so... Yeah lol

Huh, that's interesting.

Ever thought about diong longer brickfilms. This was really good!!

Yes I have, and this is the result. This is my longest film so far, but at the moment I am actually working on a longer film but it isn't a brickfilm.

SuburbAnimationStudios wrote:

Very well done.

Thanks!

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2906/14493643070_db4eab9412_o.png