Topic: The LEGO Movie (trailer)

Directory Link

The LEGO Movie (trailer)

YouTube

After seeing The LEGO Movie I had to make this.

Re: The LEGO Movie (trailer)

The animnation was really cool! But, it was kinda boring, maybe if it was just with some up-tempo music maybe, the voice acting wasn't very accurate(Not that the voice acting was bad, it was very good, just not accurate), and Cloud Cuckoo Land was kinda dull. Should of had some more stuff going on. Good job though! mini/smile

Awesome! Really enjoyed this.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

The animnation was really cool! But, it was kinda boring, maybe if it was just with some up-tempo music maybe, the voice acting wasn't very accurate(Not that the voice acting was bad, it was very good, just not accurate), and Cloud Cuckoo Land was kinda dull. Should of had some more stuff going on. Good job though! mini/smile

I wasn't trying to replicate scenes, just the basic ideas, but yeah I've been that guy with good animation but boring films mini/blankexpression .

Gotta agree with Rocky.
The animation was smooth and good, but not over-the-top enough to match the Lego Movie style.
It was too small and low-key, which is great for some genres and styles, but not this.
There wasn't any up-beat music to drive the tempo and pace, and there was very little in the area of sound period.
The sets were great, but the animation and sound work just let it down.
Sorry.

Also, did you end up not using my voice? It's fine if not, I just never heard it in there.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Also, did you end up not using my voice? It's fine if not, I just never heard it in there.

No, I killed my throat doing Lord Business instead. But thanks for being the only one who responded to the casting call mini/smile .

It was definitely too calm. There wasn't nearly enough sound, I feel like audibly there needed to be a lot more going on; louder music, and way more sound effects. The animation was really good, it just didn't really fit with what you were replicating. You've become a pretty darn good animator, I'm looking forward to seeing some more original stuff from you. mini/smile

backyardlegos wrote:

It was definitely too calm. There wasn't nearly enough sound, I feel like audibly there needed to be a lot more going on; louder music, and way more sound effects. The animation was really good, it just didn't really fit with what you were replicating. You've become a pretty darn good animator, I'm looking forward to seeing some more original stuff from you. mini/smile

Yeah, I don't have a lot of sound effects made yet and my computer always seems to play the audio louder than with most computers. Thanks for the support. mini/smile

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

Cloud Cuckoo Land was kinda dull. Should of had some more stuff going on.

Remember that some people might have a very restricted LEGO collection. Cloud Cuckoo Land was designed and brought to life by a team of experienced filmmakers and animators with an unlimited amount of LEGO. So, for a fan, this is actually pretty impressive.

(However, I do believe that your sister could have been a little bit more lively with the voice acting. Just that one nitpick, though.)

Other than that, awesome job, END! The animation was smooth, and I enjoyed the "tile cards"--not a typo, but a pun. I'm a little bothered by the fact that Kevin MacLeod's music is in a trailer for The LEGO Movie. But, seeing as the official motion picture soundtrack is still unavailable in the US, I guess it was your only option.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

I'm a little bothered by the fact that Kevin MacLeod's music is in a trailer for The LEGO Movie. But, seeing as the official motion picture soundtrack is still unavailable in the US, I guess it was your only option.

I got the music on itunes but it's copyrighted.

This is awesome! good work, Hey it would be cool if you would do a side by side.

Moved an have no room to animate, but I do have a Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/84070766@N07/ My friends and I have been composing a Comic Series: http://cosmosquestcomic.com

Kizar wrote:

This is awesome! good work, Hey it would be cool if you would do a side by side.

I can't because this isn't a replication of any scene or trailer, just things based off them.

Well, the voice acting might have been a bit weak, but as usual your animation and sets really blew me away. You did a good job recreating the feel and the lighting from each scene of the movie. I will echo what as been said before though, it could have been a bit more...upbeat? It didn't seem like something out of the LEGO movie.

Your animation is really beautiful though and I can't wait for your next project!

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

The animation was good but didn't have the energy of The Lego Movie.  The sets were nice.  However I'm not really a fan of your blaster sound effect.
                                                                    7/10

nltwm wrote:

However I'm not really a fan of your blaster sound effect.

I'm not to happy with it either mini/sad  but I am unwilling to download an effect . (like squid I want to make my own sounds)

Double post.
Thanks everyone for all the feedback mini/smile . On my next project I will put more focus on audio. (and it's my own idea so I don't have to worry about it not matching the source material or music)