Topic: Risen-Easter 2014

Directory Link

Risen-2014

Youtube

Jesus rises from the dead
My entry for easter 2014

Last edited by funmiproductions (April 6, 2014 (06:07pm))

Re: Risen-Easter 2014

Thank you all for 2 and a half bricks. My highest rating ever. Though, can I get some comments, as I think the animation is better than my previous films that have this rating

OK, if you want my honest opinion read the spoiler.

Spoiler (click to read)

Your work is pretty bad, and I mean BAD. Even my first animations back in 2006 weren't this dreadful. I don't know if I was born to animate or I just watched enough stop motion movies to get a grasp of animation at the age of 10. You really need more movement along with a much high framerate. Not to mention your camera angles are dreadful. Read a book on the different camera angles there are, very helpful animation. Another thing, your camera is probably worse than a potato bred with a hybrid toaster (It's pretty bad)

You'll attract a bigger audience if you create better and smoother animation, use a higher quality camera and manage to create an original story that no one else has done. It's sort of why I haven't made anything in a while.

So to end my little critiquing rant I will leave you with this.

Your animations will only be as good as the amount of effort you put into them. Good enough is never good enough. You should always challenge yourself to become a better animator than you already are. There is no such thing as "enough practice."

I, myself, put almost 5 hours of animation practice under my belt a week practicing and trying different things all the time.

If not, here's what I think. The frame rate was quite low and the animation was far from smooth, along with the camera bumps. You can pick up a book on different camera angles you can apply towards animation. Other than that it was meh.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I have to say that I agree with Carroll. However, I think he took it to far to say that your film was "bad". Let me tell you,  there are a lot of worse films out there. You do need to sharpen your animation though. I would suggest that you look up some tutorials on YouTube, and then sit down (when you have at least an hour) and try to make the best 10 second film ever. If you succeed, try adding to that film and make it 20 seconds. But don't just go as quickly as possible, I'm saying that you should painstakingly piece it together. If it takes you 20 minutes to get the first 3 frames, GOOD! That means that you are trying your best. Quality is in the eye of the beholder, if you watched this films and said "Awesome, best film I ever made", then you did not waste your time. However, if you just crunched this together in 30 minutes (like I did mini/lol ), and you look at it and say "meh", then I suggest re-doing it.

May I ask, what type of camera/software do you use? I may have some good tips for you.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

CarrollFilms wrote:

Spoiler (click to read)

Your work is pretty bad, and I mean BAD. Even my first animations back in 2006 weren't this dreadful. I don't know if I was born to animate or I just watched enough stop motion movies to get a grasp of animation at the age of 10. You really need more movement along with a much high framerate. Not to mention your camera angles are dreadful. Read a book on the different camera angles there are, very helpful animation. Another thing, your camera is probably worse than a potato bred with a hybrid toaster (It's pretty bad)

You'll attract a bigger audience if you create better and smoother animation, use a higher quality camera and manage to create an original story that no one else has done. It's sort of why I haven't made anything in a while.

Your animations will only be as good as the amount of effort you put into them. Good enough is never good enough. You should always challenge yourself to become a better animator than you already are. There is no such thing as "enough practice."

I, myself, put almost 5 hours of animation practice under my belt a week practicing and trying different things all the time.

If not, here's what I think. The frame rate was quite low and the animation was far from smooth, along with the camera bumps. You can pick up a book on different camera angles you can apply towards animation. Other than that it was meh.

ok, well personally, i think you are... *proceeds to insult Carroll.*

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (April 7, 2014 (08:19pm))

Cool down, let's not turn this thread into a war. We all know Carroll is trolling. And, while trolling is against the rules, you are just allowing yourself to get trolled by retaliating. Let's keep this thread peaceful.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Carroll was not trolling. He gave real advice and criticism, he just wasn't very nice about it.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Carroll was not trolling. He gave real advice and criticism, he just wasn't very nice about it.

True, but that's not helping matters.

brickelodeon wrote:

True, but that's not helping matters.

My point is, he was still being helpful. I think that if anyone here wants to go into to film or any art industries for that matter, they need to grow a skin. Ignore and shrug off insults because some people just will be mean by nature. It's something you can't do anything about. You can't walk into Hollywood expecting people to be super nice, but don't let their rudeness overshadow their actual critique. mini/smile

EDIT: Wow...this thread got long. mini/tongue

Last edited by PushOverProductions (April 7, 2014 (06:30pm))

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

dipothebookworm wrote:
CarrollFilms wrote:

Spoiler (click to read)

ok, well personally, i think you are... *Repeated pointless insults*...thats MY opinion.

Although what Carroll said was a bit rude, he wasn't trolling. He was giving critism and some advice.

Anyway, The animation could be better, another thing you need to work on is your camera. What camera do you use? If it's a webcam maybe it has a software you could use. It was out of focus a bunch.

funmiproductions wrote:

I think the animation is better than my previous films that have this rating

I disagree. In fact, it seems slightly worse, and really sloppy and almost appears rushed. To be perfectly honest, all your films have really, really choppy animation. It's obvious that you want to put a lot of effort into these brickfilms. But, there is so much more you can do, and it seems like you're hardly even trying, even though I'm sure you are. You've got the minifig movement down, you just need to work on the quality more. Please, please do.

Last edited by Mickey (April 8, 2014 (07:19pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

carroll it's alright to give criticism but when you do so in the mean way as you did, it's not ok

your criticism is valid but the way you worded it was not sensitive to another person's feelings

dipo, he wasn't trolling, but he could have been nicer. you need to calm down, though. your response is outlandishly extreme

funmi, i can see some improvement in your animation. i think some parts were better than others, but i can definitely see some improvement. keep practicing.

Last edited by Just Kidden (April 7, 2014 (07:05pm))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

This is the funniest thread I've read in a while. Good show, old chaps. Chip Chip Chulip friends. Good Show

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Is anyone even watching the video, or just fighting each other?

*Puts MOD hat on*
Whoa, settle down folks!
Just, chill, okay?

@Funni, There, I have records of the damage, but tried to clean this thread up a bit for you.

@Carroll, Your comment was just fine. A bit blunt perhaps, but even so, don't feed trolls. Ignore them and they'll got away. Just roll with the punches.

@Bookworm, you may very well need a ban. I get that you don't like people being rude to your brother, but Carroll's comment was just fine, and there was no reason to explode all over him.
He may not be the most polite guy on the site, but right now he's in the right.