Topic: Squidman Origins

Directory Link

Squidman Origins

Link 1

Squidman and his arch nemesis Zakton compete for the affections of the Squid Princess. Both argue their reasons why they should be the chosen one. In the end its settled in a fight to the finish. Who will come out on top?

Re: Squidman Origins

Wow, that was excellent! The set design was especially impressive. I look forward to the next part.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

A lot better than I expected, sets were really nice and the animation was well done. Pretty imaginative concept too, looking forward to more of it.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I'd say building is definitely your strong point, those sets are amazing in both scale and the level of creativity. Amazing job on those. The animation wasn't overwhelming, it felt a little rough and jerky, but it wasn't bad either. I'm sure as you animate more it will smooth out, practice makes perfect. The general idea if the series is also very creative. It's really refreshing to see a totally knew idea for a brickfilm. I'm looking forward to the next one, good work. mini/smile

I'm going to echo everyone here and say that the sets were fantastic, as well as the animation was smooth (there were some bits that could have used some work, but overall it was nice), and put together they made a very eye-pleasing film. The story is interesting, too, I'm looking forward to the next part. mini/wink

That was great. Nice story and of course fantastic sets. Look forward to the second part.
You also earned a sub from as well.
Keep up the great work.

This brickfilm impressed me.  The sets are the highlights. 

Last edited by BrickTective Productions (July 28, 2014 (10:30am))

I have never been a fan of sci-fi films, but I actually enjoyed this one quite a lot. Nice sets and decent animation, I really liked the scale of the sets. I could tell you took your time with this movie, well done.

I like the set design but the animation was just too jerky.

It seemed like Ease-in-ease-out doesn't exist in the video.

There was no story development along with a very little to no plot involved.

This seemed more like a pilot than an actual episode.

Take HoldingOurOwn for example. He makes 20+ minute long videos and deserve to be called episodes. A short 2 minute video isn't considered an "episode."

Overall, it was meh out of fish.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. mini/smile