Topic: Star Wars: Edge of the empire pre-production

As the response of many people to the question: how to get more views? was to "sell out", I got back an old idea i've put apart as it was Star Wars. I mean, I didn't wanted to do this because it would be just another Star Wars movie, but I've changed my mind, sooo... here it is

Star Wars: Edge of the Empire would be set between 19 and 18 BBY (right after episode III) and follows Clone commander Cody (the orange clone that attempts to kill Obi-Wan in ep.III) and his clones as they live in a period of great changes.
I still didn't write the script, but the story I have in mind would involve a Jedi hunt on Kashyyyk (this would involve Jedi Eeth Koth and his clone Captain from The Clone Wars and Quinlan Vos), an insurgency on a location I haven't yet chose (ideas are welcome), even an escapee-clone turned Bounty Hunter (co-operating with Cad Bane) and some kind of battle that would lead to Cody's degradation for disobeying orders and the 212th's tranfer on Kamino (notice: Cody appears in The Force Unleashed as commander of a defense platoon on Kamino).

The story would have three major points:
- Kashyyyk and the clone's escape
- The insurgency that the 212th (cody's legion) must block
-the battle that causes Cody's degradation

So, briefly: the movie would have a plot, star wars-like action, and is involing many minor characters from The Clone Wars, as some new ones. I'm not sure about a lot of stuff, for example that it's better to rip the movie in three episodes (as events occurring are many) of about 10-15 minutes, or one great film less than 30 minutes long.
The story's supposed to be as canonical possible (we even see a scene from a comic book in legos), even if invented.
The help I need is at the second two points. I still don't know who are insurging (need an existing planet) as I opted for Naboo, but that would be non-canonical, as naboo becomes an empire-friendly planet. The last point is in clouds aswell, I have absolutely no idea on what situation to do and why he's degraded. It must be something that made his men survive, obviously.

Another point, i'm not sure to want to write the script myself. In case I decide to give it over, I'd need volunteers for script-writing, but that's another post.

For who's idea I will take, be sure that I'm putting him in credits, as collaborated to the story, even if he just gave me the input-idea for the story's lost parts that got me the rest of the story in mind (I do that a lot of times, trust me)

Last edited by LegoStudiosP (March 17, 2014 (07:15am))

Re: Star Wars: Edge of the empire pre-production

Seems like a pretty nifty idea. Don't think anyone has done any 'Tales from the Empire' type of stuff, so its a welcome change from the seemingly growing amount of Clone Wars battles flooding Youtube.
I wouldn't mind writing a bit of it, but mind you, my scripts that I write are not the best, but they could be improved.