Topic: So i was thinking of doing an action movie...

So there's these three guys in this destroyed(-ish) city/land/whatever and they need to survive. They come up with a plan to rob a (military) post off of weaponry to be able to survive longer. First they need basic guns. One of the guys knows a weapon dealer guy and he gives them a bunch of guns in exchange for some profit of what the guys steal. Then the guys go to the post and PEW PEW PEW and they steal all sorts of weaponry. They have to escape and the whole building is alarmed so they load it in a truck that was standing there and drive off. As everyone in the building is chasing them and most likely want them dead, they have to escape and drive super far away, ending in a gunfight in the truck and so on. Now they've betrayed the dealer as they can't give him profit anymore, so the dealer and his team go after the guys and either they have a gunfight or the guys drive so far off they won't be found again by the dealer. The end.

I like movies with loads of shooting and stuff, but what do you think?

signature

Re: So i was thinking of doing an action movie...

If all you make are action movies with shooting people, people will think there is something wrong with you...

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Not necessarily "wrong" with you, but it does pigeon hole you into making uninteresting, formulaic scenes of LEGO violence with no actual plot.

I encourage you to come up with a reason, a driving idea behind this "action movie." Also, do you have the animation skills to pull off these complex action sequences? Try starting small before launching into something as complex.

I've done LOADS of short action movies, usually without a plot. I wanted to emphasize on the plot more than i did with my previous stuff. Thing is that i haven't yet worked out anything except the idea.

signature

WoutStopmotion wrote:

Thing is that i haven't yet worked out anything except the idea.

In that case here, this is a link to the thread for posting ideas: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … ory-ideas/

I'd recommend, once you're done with the script, that you post it somewhere on here so people can critique it.

That way it's not just a Die Hard movie in the form of LEGO.

WoutStopmotion wrote:

I've done LOADS of short action movies, usually without a plot.

I don't see the point to making a mindless action film with no plot, do a princess one instead. mini/bigsmile

No pls.

And i was going to emphasize on the plot for the movie, i mean, just random shooting pleases my subs but everyone else seems to hate it. Instead i was going to combine it with a deep story. Don't know how i'm going to develop anything though, but I WILL.

signature

Here is a good plot for it!

Once upon a time To save her father from death in the army, a young maiden secretly goes in his place and becomes one of China's greatest heroines in the process. Her name, Mulan.

One of my fave movies

WoutStopmotion wrote:

just random shooting pleases my subs but everyone else seems to hate it.

There's your problem. You're trying to feed the need and not doing what you like and want to do.

People subscribe to see Brickfilms I make. Right now I'm working on two live action videos. So what if I don't get a lot of views. I made the videos because it's what I like to do.

Cattering to your audience is for sellouts.

A little rude there, Carroll. NOW, GO TO YOUR ROOM AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

I can't really think of a plot from the top of my head, but hey who doesn't love action movies you just love em a bit more than the rest of us mini/lol and theres nothing wrong with that!

Wish you the best of luck and God speed brother.

EDIT: And Carroll that was a bit harsh.. leave the gunman alone! mini/lol

Moderator notice: This account was created by banned former member Generalned using a proxy server.]
When you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe.. You will be successful.

CarrollFilms wrote:
WoutStopmotion wrote:

just random shooting pleases my subs but everyone else seems to hate it.

There's your problem. You're trying to feed the need and not doing what you like and want to do.

People subscribe to see Brickfilms I make. Right now I'm working on two live action videos. So what if I don't get a lot of views. I made the videos because it's what I like to do.

Cattering to your audience is for sellouts.

I mostly like doing action videos, too. And that's what i've mostly been doing for the past two years. And in return, people like my action videos back. Basically everyone else means the people at LowLUG which are a group of more talented builders, and at the same time a bunch of harsh meanies that don't recognise brickfilms as Lego creations.

signature