Topic: The Adventures of Neptune: Pilot

Directory Link

The Adventures of Neptune: Pilot

Youtube

As crime riddles the streets of New Brick City, an ordinary man dons a cape and mask attempting to make a difference. Is he up to the task? After all, he is only a man.

This is the pilot episode of a new series I am developing chronicling the tales of the new crime fighter Neptune!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: The Adventures of Neptune: Pilot

Terrific direction - most of the camera angles and compositions were really good. You might need the protagonist to be a bit more creative in his dealings with villains, though -- he's not going to last long at this rate...

That was pretty good. It was quite funny, I really like the character of Neptune. The light flicker was pretty prevalent, but not so bad as to make it unwatchable. The animation could have been a bit smoother, some of the normal actions, the non-fighting stuff, happened a little too quickly. Also I realize you were probably just working with the resources you have, but the fire station wasn't the best choice for the building right behind them. It sort of ruins the last line of the film, and I think the firefighters would have woken up if they had heard gunfire outside. It's a minor thing, but it hurts the immersion of audience in the film. Overall nice job, I'm looking forward to seeing the continuation of the series. mini/smile

Good job, the minor light flicker did not bother me and the film was still watchable, it was quite funny actually the only thing that got to me was as backyardlegos mentioned was the fire station as they would have heard it and the fact the robber shot at Neptune a total of 46 times and not once did he reload or run out of ammo did he have an infinite amount of amunition? mini/lol

Those were the 2 things that got to me otherwise good job look forward to more from the series.

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

I could not really fix the flicker in this video. By the time I noticed it it was to late and I was to tired to fix it. I honestly did not notice or think about the fire station. I will definitely keep that in mind. As for the gun never running out of bullets, originally I addressed the issue by having Neptune say "Jeeze, how many bullets does this guy have!?" But I thought it would be funnier if he completely ignored the bullets as if it was normal. As for the character of Neptune, he will definitely be fleshed out some more in later episodes. Like the title says, this is just the pilot. I mainly wanted to see if there was enough interest for me to continue the sires. It is going to continue, I already have episode 2 completed and the scripts up until episode 10 are written. Episode 2 probably wont be out for a couple of weeks though so stay tuned!

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will take all of it into consideration. Every video I learn from my mistakes. I hope you guys like what I got!:D

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not meaning to give my upcoming film a plug, but this is a lot like Super Duck! Except your's is maybe a bit better mini/confused
Keep it up!

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.