Topic: Lego Star Wars - The Snow Day

Directory Link

Lego Star Wars - The Snow Day

Brickfilm

Inspired by a somewhat recent snow day at my school, a stormtrooper is stuck in an argument on whether or not there should be a snow day on the Death Star.

If a frame were worth a penny, I'd probably have like, $30 or something.

Re: Lego Star Wars - The Snow Day

"Lazy editing"-The best line by far. mini/lol

This film is full of fun jokes and good punchlines, and although the fourth-wall gets destroyed, it's for the better and makes for a nice story. I felt that the writing was nice, and while the voice acting could have been a bit better, it fit the script and scenario well.

The set is very plain and basic, and this is plagued by light flicker and set bumps. But the worst issue is by-far the animation. It's nearly non-existent, and when it does come into play it's low-frame-rate and doesn't ease in or out.

You write well, but it needs animation to be a good brickfilm. I suggest really working on that, and then reading around here for some more tips and hints on getting that aspect improved.

While the film is funny it is way to static, the characters just stand there.
But when they do it's the most the whole screen seems to shake.
It's like bad shaky-cam.

Tape down your set. Or if you are using a camera that you have to press a button to get a picture... don't.
Get a webcam (or a different camera that has a remote or something) so you don't have to touch it.

I feel like I'm echoing Pritchard. -_-

Pritchard Studios wrote:

The set is very plain and basic, and this is plagued by light flicker and set bumps. But the worst issue is by-far the animation. It's nearly non-existent, and when it does come into play it's low-frame-rate and doesn't ease in or out.

You write well, but it needs animation to be a good brickfilm. I suggest really working on that, and then reading around here for some more tips and hints on getting that aspect improved.

Thanks for the criticism! All my issues (other than the set being plain, that's a relatively easy fix) are going to be solved once I get a DSLR camera with the proper program, I can remotely control the photos from my computer, plus It'll be easier to animate, so I'll mess around with higher frame rate and less static-ness.

Thanks for commenting!

If a frame were worth a penny, I'd probably have like, $30 or something.