Topic: Sound fx & recording, few questions I have

So, shortly: I really need some sound FX we see (better we hear) on nost popular brickfilms of youtube. More likely, i'd like a walking sound, clean, and soome swoosh sounds. Also,  some gun sounds that aren't too loud (i got people saying mine were too loud, and I agree with them)
This was the first point. The second is that I need someone to explain me some things in matter of voice recording. E.g. I have a good microphone, one of those normal ones, but when I record with it it does a blurry backround noise (the fzzz sound) Does anyone know hov to take it out, maybe in freeware. Oh, please don't come tell me to get that a new microphone, I don't want to spend money as we're in not easy times.

Re: Sound fx & recording, few questions I have

For sounds, try Freesound.org or Sweetsoundeffects.com, or even try recording your own.
Second, what mic do you have? Does it have different recording settings?
Try recording a voice line using Audacity, then leave a few seconds on the end for just the noise. Then try the noise removal tool.

Also, you can do a bing search for the type of sound you're looking for.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Fancypants has a tutorial on noise removal, which is a really good thing to watch.

When you do record voices or sounds, make sure that as little background noise is around you as possible, and preferably use a more silent computer.  Turn off and fans or anything that could add to the fuzz.
Even if you take away everything you can, though, there will still be some fuzz, but that can be removed.

I prefer to only use sound effects I've recorded myself in my own brickfilms, so I've gotting pretty good at making sounds.  I find a useful thing to do is to use the sound of LEGO rather than more realistic sound effects whenever it's possible.  Since everything is made out of plastic is actually makes sense, though.

My preferred footstep sound is made by actually making a mini-figure step on a stud as so in the film it will sound like a LEGO person is walking on actual plastic.  A great advantage to this approach is that a single set of footstep sound effects can be used for any situation, whereas using more realistic sound effects will make you have to get sounds fer several different situations such as a grass footstep, a wood footstep, a tile footstep, and so on.  Also on harder surfaces footsteps change very much depending upon when sort of shoes the individual is wearing.

If your gun sfx are too loud, try eqing the high frequencies.

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Well thanks every one!