Topic: The LEGO Adventures of Harry Potter and Batman Movie

Directory Link

The LEGO Adventures of Harry Potter and Batman Movie

Link 1

Batman pays Harry and Luke a visit

Re: The LEGO Adventures of Harry Potter and Batman Movie

There are lots of awkward pauses between the bits of dialogue which makes everything flow rather roughly.  Try editing those sort of things away next time.
I'd also suggest making a film about something other than pre-existing characters, having a sitcom about Voldy, Harry, Batty, and Luke isn't a very good move probably.
Try instead making a new character, take some pieces, put them together, and give him a story.  I'd also suggest working on story a bit more, as it doesn't really go anywhere is is just several minutes or really awkward casual talking until a villain randomly shows up and they fight him.  A story needs jokes, or adventure, or romance, or drama, or just something to happen.

I've got to agree with Squid about the pacing of the dialogue. The pauses that occur between the characters during a conversation are distracting and make it hard for the viewer to get into the story.

It underlines the importance of editing. Because stop motion animation is so time consuming, there is a real temptation to use every single frame of footage that was shot; however, always be mindful of the story you are trying to tell. A good trick to help you determine if you are presenting the tightest version of your story is, once you have completed your first rough edit of your film, see if you can cut the running time in half by editing out unnecessary footage while still telling the story you want to tell. I believe that editing is one of the hardest parts of film making; it is also one of the most important. It's something I still struggle with myself.

Keep working at it! You learn something new every time you animate. Good luck.

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

I'm not even sure if you scripted this. It's as if you spat (literally) improv lines into your voice-recording device, without writing out a script of it. Same goes for the story, which is nonexistent, might I add. If you are going down the "using copyrighted characters in a brickfilm" route, I don't think it would be too difficult to assemble a good storyline to go with the animation.

The character development is so sparse and lazy that it's very distracting. HARRY DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AN ACCENT, FOR PETE'S SAKE. mini/tongue Like Squid said, there's another option: making original work, with an original story and original characters that your viewers will actually find enjoyable.

As far as the audio quality goes, I can agree with the above posts. They've already shared their opinions on that aspect. The mic blowing is a pain to hear. Visit the Audio thread for some helpful tips on how to produce great audio quality. Also, unless you want all characters in your film to sound exactly the same, might I suggest recruiting other voice actors to co-star in your films?

That's all from me. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Mickey (March 5, 2014 (04:43pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?