Topic: Lesbian Moms in Disney Channel sitcom: Good Luck Charlie

So, I have recently found out that a Disney Channel sitcom had lesbian moms, making it the first ever Disney Channel show to feature a homo-sexual person. Which is awesome! This good be the start of something awesome, what are youre thoughts about it?

Re: Lesbian Moms in Disney Channel sitcom: Good Luck Charlie

Huh, cool. This is good.

I don't know why they couldn't just out Ryan Evans from High School Musical and get this whole first barrier behind them.

BrickStory wrote:

Huh, cool. This is good.

I don't know why they couldn't just out Ryan Evans from High School Musical and get this whole first barrier behind them.

I wish they did, instead they made him get together with Kelsi.

Skip to 1:30

http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/How+_6512e9ae46b757145d2875600bbd2933.gif

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Carroll, what's that from? It seems familiar.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Billy and Mandy.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

That's it! Man, I used to love that show. So glad they got Cthulhu into an episode too.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

the start of something awesome

The "start" of? Good Luck Charlie has been up and running for almost 4 years (with the pilot being aired on April 4, 2010).

The problem with these Disney shows is that the creators write this crap on the same template every time, "A seemingly good-natured family forced to live in bleak circumstances and interact with stereotypical characters. Also, poop jokes."

My brother loves these kinds of shows, and it makes me groan. Every time the Disney Channel thinks they've struck gold, they'll put out another half-baked show that will somehow receive a successful following from an audience of 7-9 year-old girls (not including Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder, of course). And once they've put out the fourth episode, and run dry on any fresh ideas for future episodes, they'll run the crap out of it until its nothing more than "that Disney show with a predictable plothole lying around every corner. I've seen almost every show on this channel, and I've just about had enough of it. And don't get me started on their so-called "original movies".

Last edited by Mickey (February 19, 2014 (04:14pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:
Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

the start of something awesome

The "start" of? Good Luck Charlie has been up and running for almost 4 years (with the pilot being aired on April 4, 2010).

The problem with these Disney shows is that the creators write this crap on the same template every time. A seemingly good-natured family forced to live in bleak circumstances and interact with stereotypical characters. Also, poop jokes.

My brother loves these kinds of shows, and it makes me groan. Every time the Disney Channel thinks they've struck gold, they'll put out another half-baked show that will somehow receive a successful following from an audience of 7-9 year-old girls (not including Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder, of course). And once they've put out the fourth episode, and run dry on any fresh ideas for future episodes, they'll run the crap out of it until its nothing more than "that Disney show with a predictable plothole lying around every corner. I've seen almost every show on this channel, and I've just about had enough of it. And don't get me started on their so-called "original movies".

I think he meant start of something for disney. Not the show.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I'm also unsure of what you mean by "lesbian moms". Do you mean to say that there are lesbian actresses on the show, or lesbian characters?

Last edited by Mickey (February 19, 2014 (04:16pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Lesbian Characters

what has our world come to

im really glad that they did this, its always good to have representation for minorities
would have been more impressive if they made them main characters or etc
i wouldnt expect the joke to be very good and it wasn't, its a disney channel sitcom so what can you expect
it's really great that they did this
it's also cool because disney channel never seems to be a very progressive network
this is cool

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

GHB wrote:

The world (or a part of it atleast) is taking small steps toward becoming more tolerant towards people ever-so-slightly different than the rest. Isn't that a good thing?

BrickStory wrote:
GHB wrote:

The world (or a part of it atleast) is taking small steps toward becoming more tolerant towards people ever-so-slightly different than the rest. Isn't that a good thing?

There was only supposed to be one way for marriage to happen, and now, like you are saying, the world is becoming used to the homosexual nature we see all around us, especially in TV shows. It's a bit depressing.

GHB wrote:
BrickStory wrote:
GHB wrote:

There was only supposed to be one way for marriage to happen, and now, like you are saying, the world is becoming used to the homosexual nature we see all around us, especially in TV shows. It's a bit depressing.

You sound like my father...

Mickey wrote:

The problem with these Disney shows is that the creators write this crap on the same template every time, "A seemingly good-natured family forced to live in bleak circumstances and interact with stereotypical characters. Also, poop jokes."

You aren't the target audience for such shows. DC's main audience are tween girls (7-14), and they have been DC's target for at least a decade now. Most shows on the channel target what a young girl would find enjoyable.

im really glad that they did this, its always good to have representation for minorities
i wouldnt expect the joke to be very good and it wasn't, its a disney channel sitcom so what can you expect
it's also cool because disney channel never seems to be a very progressive network
this is cool

Disney isn't progressive in ANY facet of the company (Heck it took them nearly 50 years to have a main character in an animated movie be black). I would have expected a channel like Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon to air such characters. None the less, it's progress.

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

GHB wrote:
BrickStory wrote:
GHB wrote:

This is why we shouldn't bring up politics on this website.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Juggernaut Pictures wrote:
Mickey wrote:

You aren't the target audience for such shows. DC's main audience are tween girls (7-14), and they have been DC's target for at least a decade now. Most shows on the channel target what a young girl would find enjoyable.

this is cool

Disney isn't progressive in ANY facet of the company (Heck it took them nearly 50 years to have a main character in an animated movie be black). I would have expected a channel like Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon to air such characters. None the less, it's progress.

Nickelodeon I think has had gay characters before, I think The Naked Brothers Band movie had a gay couple in it fo rlike, a minute, and in Victorious, Cat implied that she had gay Uncles in San Fransisco. Also, in Cartoon Networks, tv show Mad, they did a Dowton Abbey Sketch, which had Thomas, who is gay, they never talked about on the Mad episode, but still.

GHB wrote:
BrickStory wrote:
GHB wrote:

You sound a bit homophobic there buddy. Need a hug?

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?