Topic: Reliance

Directory Link

Reliance

Reliance

Some things are difficult to explain.

We made this because we wanted to make a 180 degree camera movement round the beautiful new Parisian Restaurant.

A Twist of Fate | THAC 11: Fish Tale
Youtube | Twitter

"I see… your name is Bernt."

Re: Reliance

What is this witchcraft?  How is this done?  It's an amazing camera motion, that for sure, though it feels like and opening for a bigger film.

Spoiler (click to read)

Welcome back into brickfilming, Nathan.

Squid wrote:

What is this witchcraft?  How is this done?  It's an amazing camera motion, that for sure, though it feels like and opening for a bigger film.

Well, we made this just because I wanted to make that camera movement so much. But instead of just calling it a test or '180º camera movement' we wanted to make it a funny and creepy short film. However, to be honest, all the crazy creepy stuff was just something I came up with when editing it, just because I really like to edit things so that it feels creepy.

And thanks for 'decoding' the 'hidden message'! I'm glad someone takes the time. mini/smile

Youtube | Twitter

Wow, this is absolutely amazing.  Such a beautifully smooth camera movement, it makes anything I've done feel inferior.  I love the creepiness of the film.  The lighting and the fact you managed to do a walk cycle on a smooth surface are highly impressive as well.  If this is what you can do in a short test, I can't wait to see what you're able to accomplish with a huge film!

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (February 1, 2014 (02:37am))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Both the camera movement and lighting were amazing, especially the lighting, which was jaw-droppingly beautiful. The ambience you managed to create using that and the music is just great, and I would love to see you maybe do something like this in the future as a small part of a much larger film.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

What jstudios said.

Magnificent job!

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Thanks, guys.

jstudios wrote:

I would love to see you maybe do something like this in the future as a small part of a much larger film.

As mentioned earlier, this was made as a test, so hopefully we'll include something like this in a film sooner or later. mini/smile

Youtube | Twitter

Do you have any photos of the camera rig setup for this shot, or did you just move the building and lower the camera to follow the character at the same time?

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

CarrollFilms wrote:

Do you have any photos of the camera rig setup for this shot, or did you just move the building and lower the camera to follow the character at the same time?

No, actually I don't have any photos of neither the set nor from the tim, because I tried out the live view function with a borrowed Canon camera in iStopmotion. I found out it could be very useful for a scene like this, but I didn't really like it.

Yes. We put some paper under the tripod feet, so that it could be moved smoother. In the beginning we moved the tripod and lowered the camera, but in the turn, we moved the set and the red light, and in the end when he's walking past the last dude, we moved the camera again.

Youtube | Twitter

Nice job, I really like it when people make a test into a short little film that's actually worth releasing (I'm doing the same thing right now mini/tongue ). I get that it was a test, but the animation was nice, especially the walking on stairs, which is hard, and I really like the editing, I was creeped out watching it (it's like 1 am right now). And of course, the camera movement was really cool, good job. mini/smile

backyardlegos wrote:

Nice job, I really like it when people make a test into a short little film that's actually worth releasing

Hehe, I totally agree. But longer test montages can also be fun. mini/smile

backyardlegos wrote:

I get that it was a test, but the animation was nice, especially the walking on stairs, which is hard, and I really like the editing, I was creeped out watching it (it's like 1 am right now). And of course, the camera movement was really cool, good job.

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I'm quite happy with how it turned out in the end. mini/smile

Youtube | Twitter

I quite enjoyed that.  Great lighting!  mini/smile

thefourmonkeys wrote:

I quite enjoyed that.  Great lighting!  mini/smile

Thanks! Glad you liked it! mini/smile

Youtube | Twitter