Topic: Abandoned: sci-fi/suspense brickfilm (In Development)

Hey guys,
Its been awhile since I've been on the forums mini/lol . I wanted to kick off a long animating hiatus with a new film idea mini/smile . So I've got a basic story going and would love some feedback. I would also appreciate help avoiding sci-fi cliches and bringing some originality to the table.

Plot:
A group of astronauts awake out of stasis on a Reconnaissance ship to a base on another planet. They find that they're the only ones alive and they're ship is in tatters. After making contact with seemingly dead crew-mates they must find out what the heck is going on and get the ship back up.

Test photo to show the tone i'm going for
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3796/12005057835_b5ce992334_o.png

Re: Abandoned: sci-fi/suspense brickfilm (In Development)

Cool! Sounds a bit like the movie "Pandorum". That's not necessarily a bad thing either, I liked that movie. And as long as you actively try to avoid clichés and obvious similarities to other movies I think this project could be a real winner. I can't really put my finger on any clichés at the moment though, but I'd suggest watching movies with a similar plot so you know what to avoid (come to think of it, you've probably already done that).

That photo looks ace. A film in that quality would look absolutely stunning!

Re: Abandoned: sci-fi/suspense brickfilm (In Development)

It's almost the same idea I had once.