Topic: Shaking Camera Look

Basically for my video, I want the camera to shake as if the camera was someones face. So like 1st person movement sorta. Only need it for like 8 seconds.

I think there was a program filter for something that allowed minor camera shaking (which I am aiming for) but I don't remember which.

I'm not looking for anything crazy with the movement, but if its something I should animate, I will need to know how to do that without it looking like a crazy mess.

Erm. Program preferred. I use WMM and Monkey Jam, in case theirs any questions.

Someone help. mini/smile

Re: Shaking Camera Look

WMM doesn't have anything like that. I've heard of Adobe After Effects having a filter like that, but I don't know much about AE.
If you want to do it in-camera, then I salute you. You will need a rig that can do pans and tilts. Onion skinning will help you keep your movements small. I believe Monkeyjam has such a feature.

MonkeyJam doesnt have onion skinning. And AE DOES have plenty of features that allow for shaky cam effects.

However, since you don't have it, I would recommend doing it in camera. It's not actually that difficult, I used to do it all the time. Just move the camera around slightly between shots somewhat randomly (but not TOO random) and it should look fine.

Olsonstudios wrote:

MonkeyJam doesnt have onion skinning. And AE DOES have plenty of features that allow for shaky cam effects.

However, since you don't have it, I would recommend doing it in camera. It's not actually that difficult, I used to do it all the time. Just move the camera around slightly between shots somewhat randomly (but not TOO random) and it should look fine.

After Effects is an option, but I rather not go that direction. Do you have a video you could link of you using that tactic? Hopefully this isn't too difficult. Smooth movements as opposed to jerkiness.

I also hope it won't look weird having the camera shake and have something move normal in front of the camera.

I use after effects right now for all digital camera movements.

Here's a vid I made a few years ago that i use in camera shake a few times:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gXFBwf1-Qc

Ah yep. That would probably work nicer, for what I'll use it for.

Solved. Answered, Whatever. mini/smile