Topic: LEGO - The Spectacular Spider-Man (IDEAS)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/113086937@N06/11678310425/

Hello. This forum is on your opinion on the idea of my new film, "The Spectacular Spider-Man". Up top is a photo of it. A teaser photo. It's made before production. Butts.

Peter Parker (Chicojim1) is a 14-years old teenage nerd that lives with his Aunt May and Uncle Ben.  He has a crush on his friend Gwen Stacy. Because of his interest of Science, his friend Harry (Lisaisanut) offers him an intern job at OsCorp Inc. where he works with Dr. Curt and Martha Conners. He meets with Norman Osborn (DT98Films) and befriend him. While working with the Conners, he works in Arachnids (Spiders) and while working with them, he discovers a very, very, rare species of a spider. A genetically engineered super spider. It has spider sense, strength, speed and parkour skills. He gets bitten by it at the end of the day and brings negative and positive effects. Meanwhile, Norman finishes a formula that is similar to the Captain America Super Soldier in the 1940s, but while doing the experiment to the commanders of the US army, unexpected effects were in the formula (Stress, Anger and Insanity) Also, part of me wants that power of strength and skills. Which takes over half of his brain. It then convert the sanity to control the world with his power, turning him into the Green Goblin.  Peter then discovers slowy he has unusual powers. After being fired at OsCorp, he tries out wrestling. That didn't go well.  After he gets out of wrestling after a mugging, he sees that Uncle Ben is killed by that same guy. He then learns that revenge isn't the answer. So, to turn his anger and hate into something good, he turns into Spider-Man. Peter gets his part-time job at the Daily Bugle taking pics of Spidey. BLAH BLAH BLAH STUFF HAPPENS. THE END.

Now, before you comment, some of this sounds similar to "Spider-Man" (2002), I know. Don't point that out...

Say your opinions and revision plans down. In the comments. Poop.

"Low budgets force you to be more creative. Sometimes, with too much money, time and equipment, you can't over-think. My way, you can use your gut instinct" -Robert Rodriguez.

Re: LEGO - The Spectacular Spider-Man (IDEAS)

My honest opinion? Don't make this film. I have some better ideas for you, and I'll break them into bullet points because I only woke up ten minutes ago.

• In the time since Super Heroes sets have come out, YouTube has become totally saturated with Spider-man videos. Not only that but many of them are series', and many of them have exactly the same plot. Your film or series, whichever you're hoping to make, will get lost under that pile, I guarantee it.

• If you still want to make a Spider-man animation (which I myself plan to do sometime this year) do something short. Something 4 to 8 minutes. A quick story that means you aren't biting off more than you can chew, and you also aren't commiting yourself to a project you might not want to be working on a couple of months down the line.

• If you still want to do this film, don't do an origin story. Everyone, even brickfilmers, seem to start with it, and people are bored of it. In the last decade, we've seen it twice at the cinema. Everyone knows what's going to happen, so start with him already having been Spider-man for a while and already having fought a major villain.

Trust the voice of experience - I've had so many films fall flat in the mud because I took on something way beyond my skillset, both in terms of writing and animation. This is the best advice I can possibly give you.

Also, other brickfilmers tend to have a lower threshold for animations based on licensed themes that are made for the sake of it, so it's probably good that I got to comment first.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do, but I'd really advise you not to do this. If you want help coming up with a shorter Spider-man project idea, just message me. It may take me a while to get back to you, but I will.

-JR

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: LEGO - The Spectacular Spider-Man (IDEAS)

Hm, you might be right. I chose Spider-Man because I wanted to a MARVEL film and he is really major, but now since you said that, I'm thinking of doing something original. Like a B+ or C level MARVEL characters (Not origins though). Thanks for the feedback mini/wink

"Low budgets force you to be more creative. Sometimes, with too much money, time and equipment, you can't over-think. My way, you can use your gut instinct" -Robert Rodriguez.