Topic: The Front

Directory Link

The Front

YouTube

Behind the Scenes Pictures

Re: The Front

Nice work, the concept was interesting and your animation was fantastic as always. Though the voices did sound very similar.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

The animation was great, the story was good, and I liked the shot were it was viewed through the mirror also.

I love the shots so much. I always look forward to your films, this didn't disappoint.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Wow, what a film. It's always a treat when a longer form brickfilm comes around, and boy that didn't disappoint. The story was engaging, the characters were interesting, and the animation was incredible, not to mention the cinematography. The physical comedy is wonderful and realistic to a point which may be unrivaled in brickfilming; the scene with the bagpipes was hilarious. The whole thing just felt real. I can't really express how impressed I am with this film; just squeaked in to be the best brickfilm of 2013, I think. mini/bigsmile

Note: I really like steampunky things and am sort of on a stop motion high right now. mini/tongue

That trench-fighter animation looked brilliantly lifelike, but I must agree with RealBrick on the voice acting. I encourage you to find other voice talents for your films; it will make your brickfilm a lot better.

Last edited by Mickey (January 1, 2014 (12:13am))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Excellent film, twickabrick! I think backyardlegos summed up my own feelings toward the film very well. Also, I would like to add that, by far, my favorite aspect of the film was the camera movement. Camera movement is so rare in brickfilms and it was a great delight to see it incorporated within your film.

Once again, fantastic job! I look forward to your future work!

Also, nothing beats the quickcam pro 4000 mini/wink

Wow. That was amazing. Backyard just about summed it up for me, too.

Were you shooting at mixed framerates? It looked like most of it was smooth enough to be 24fps, but there were a couple spots where it looked lower.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Were you shooting at mixed framerates?

No, it's all 15FPS.

Also, some background: this video was originally meant to be entered in the GO-Film contest (thanks a ton for hosting that contest, by the way, Onion. Otherwise, we never would've made this film), but after we started filming, me and my brother realized we definitely wouldn't be able to finish it in time for the deadline. We still needed to finish the movie before the end of the year so we could enter it in a film festival, though.

That was amazing.  The animation is way above what most people can do (myself included).  And I loved the very nice steampunk universe setting, which felt really cool and interesting.

Though, I feel like you need a new camera.  It's a bit weird how you're animation is perfect, but you're shooting with a low quality and pillarboxing.

I for one like the look the quickcam 4000 gives (and I haven't been watching brickfilms long enough for my liking of it to be considered nostalgia)

Dude, this is like, one of my favorite brickfilms. I'm just completely blown away by how smooth and thorough you are with your animation. The camera movements were a real highlight of it too. I really hope this can get far in the film festival, because it's extremely good!

5/5!!

Nice use of the QuickCam 4000. It brings back so many brickfilm memories. The animation in this film is excellent. I really like the way you did firing rifles. The sound mixing was also top notch and helped sell the realness of this film. My only complaint about this film is that the dialog was rather chunky but this is a minor complaint. This is easily one of my favorite brickfilms.

Squid wrote:

Though, I feel like you need a new camera.  It's a bit weird how you're animation is perfect, but you're shooting with a low quality and pillarboxing.

I agree with P Squiddy. Your animation was beyond incredible, but the low quality camera detracted from it. Still an amazing brickfilm, though!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

The animation was a good way to kick of 2014! I really enjoyed it, especially the trench shootout scene, which was brilliantly animated!

Animations like this really inspire me improve on my own animation.

As others have said, the animation was very fluid, and the movements themselves incredibly lifelike.

Squid wrote:

jampot wrote:

Your animation was beyond incredible, but the low quality camera detracted from it. Still an amazing brickfilm, though!

It's funny, but I rather like Twickabrick's style of low quality and amazing animation. I mean, I'm just stating what I think, nothing is stopping you, Twickabrick from upgrading, it's just that the style is very reputable.

Like what I said on YouTube:
Dude! That was really awesome! The animation, like everyone has said, was flawless and truly amazing. I also really enjoyed the steampunk-esque plot and everything... very cool.
My only complaint is I think the voice acting could have been improved on a bit. Seemed a bit bland, and most the characters sounded like the same actor. Also, some more involved music could have done justice during some of the battle scenes and stuff as well.
BUT, Overall it was flippin' amazing. Loved it, can't wait to see more films from you.

-- like other people are saying, you definitely have a specific style. Though I feel it may lack a bit of "cinematic quality". BUT you may not want that look at all, which I could also understand.

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (01:41pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

Fall Below Films wrote:

This is amazing! I'm honored to be making the sequel!

The sequel?