Topic: A Twist of Fate

Directory Link

A Twist of Fate

http://youtu.be/36V-s8yYJ5c

Bernt visits the fortune teller Madame Blasmatsky, unaware that his life is about to take a fatal turn.

Last edited by Soppenjim (December 27, 2013 (05:01pm))

A Twist of Fate | THAC 11: Fish Tale
Youtube | Twitter

"I see… your name is Bernt."

Re: A Twist of Fate

This is the best brickfilm I've seen all year. mini/smile

The setting is so dramatic and cool-feeling, and the camera motions are fantastic!  I would love to see how you pulled those off.  They're just about everywhere.

The set could probably use some dusting though.  There's a lot of stuff on some of those green plates, which is a bit weird.

The animation is good, the desaturating of everything was a great idea, and while the twist ending was predicable, the details could only be guessed a few seconds beforehand.
The music was good, and I couldn't see any real flaws.
Fantastic job.

I think the fact that the word LEGO had to be in the title kind of killed it.

Wow, that animation was beautiful. And the 5-second shot at 0:35 was excellently pulled off; I didn't notice one camera bump! In fact, a lot of these shots were really good, especially the ones at 1:05 and 2:45. How do you pull of such awesome-looking camerawork? Plus, this eerie, suspenseful atmosphere made the film feel so real, and the voice acting contributed to that too. And that closing shot ended the film nicely. Awesome job; I really enjoyed this brickfilm! I expect to see more great stuff from you!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

That was pretty cool. I like how you used the bumping of the tent as wind blowing, that was pure genius. The atmosphere was perfect, too, not to creepy, but not too light or comical.

I like the whole idea, too, though it was a bit predictable once he called the ambulance. But overall, nice job.

Loved every thing about the film, especially the creepy shot of the Fortune Teller at the end.

Redwood, Quest for the Prophecy
Script:100% Sets:10% Animation 0% Editing 0%

Thank you, guys! All the positive feedback is overwhelming!

MightyWanderer wrote:

I like how you used the bumping of the tent as wind blowing, that was pure genius.

He he, thanks. It was indeed a bump, which I tried to turn into a wind blow or that he pushes it, as you said. Funny that you mentioned it. mini/lol

Squid wrote:

This is the best brickfilm I've seen all year.

mini/jaw

Squid wrote:

…the camera motions are fantastic! I would love to see how you pulled those off.  They're just about everywhere.

Mickey wrote:

How do you pull of such awesome-looking camerawork?

I hope to finish the behind-the-scenes video in a week or two, which will include time-lapses, "from storyboard to finished film"-sort of thing, and something showing the difference between the raw footage in a couple of shots, and the finished shot.

Squid wrote:

The set could probably use some dusting though.  There's a lot of stuff on some of those green plates, which is a bit weird.

Well, yeah. I didn't think of that before I was done filming. I'm kind of lazy concerning dusting and cleaning, but I realize I should improve on that.

A Twist of Fate | THAC 11: Fish Tale
Youtube | Twitter

"I see… your name is Bernt."