Topic: The Never Ending Wish List

Directory Link

The Never Ending Wish List

YouTube

A boy decides to make what he believes to be a 'short' Christmas wish list. How will his mother react?

This is my entry for the Christmas in a Minute contest. I had to shorten the original idea because it exceeded the 1:05 time limit.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy.

Last edited by CheekiGhost (December 24, 2013 (02:06am))

Re: The Never Ending Wish List

Ha, so in that playlist of yours there's this short, and then 'Greed'. How Ironic.
The animation is smooth, the day-to-night transition is well done, and the voice acting for the kid is good.
The camera angles looking down on the boy are good, since they illustrate his shorter height, but the same angle shouldn't be used on the mom on the couch.

I'd say the interior shots are just a tad over-exposed, but it's not too bad.
The set is basic, yet-furnished-well. I find the red couch sticks out a lot in the
middle of all the white/gray, so keep that in mind.

It's good, and has a nice pace. I can see it ranking well. Probably in the top twenty or so.

I liked the voice acting, the pacing, and the look mini/smile

Thanks for the feedback!

@Pritchard Studios: I was wondering if anyone was going to notice mini/smile It wasn't intentional, I guess it just happened to be like that. I agree, I should've used a different camera angle for the mum and a not so attractive couch colour.

The link to YouTube won't be working for the next 1.5 hours. I need to reupload to fix a minor mistake.

Great work! Fading out the dialog along with the fade to black transition would have helped establish passing of time a bit better. I like the exterior shot of the house with the snow mini/smile

http://www.youtube.com/user/TasteMyUndeadCupcake

- Tales of Medieval Mayhem Ep. 2 -
Script:100%  Sets built:100%  Animation:85%  Editing:45%

Thanks!