Topic: Vote for 2013 BFG Brickfilmer of the Year

Vote for 2013 BFG Brickfilmer of the Year

Vote for your pick for 2013 Brickfilmer of the Year.  You need to be a member of the Brickfilmer's Guild to vote.  Go to http://brickfilmersguild.com/elgg/pg/po … ary-1-2014 to vote.  Below is information about this year's 10 nominees.  There are links embedded in the same description below the poll on the BFG.  I could not be bothered with manually putting 30 links in this post (sorry).  Voting ends February 1, 2014.  I believe at least 8 of the nominees are Bricks in Motion members. 

Aiwha, Bruno Lefevre is an administrator on the French brickfilming website Brick-á-Brack. Aiwha was the run away winner of Onion Animation's GO FILM 2013 contest on BiM. He is very active in most of the online brickfilming communities. He also made an extensive sound effects library which is available on Brick-á-Brack.

Bodville won the ReBrick AFOL contest with LEGO Brick Blues.  His ReBrick Movie contest entry Bovonic Tonic was very popular in the the ReBrick LEGO Movie contest. He also participates in Brickvention Australian convention event every year.

Brotherhood Workshop had an incredible 2013. Their Lord of the Rings brickfilm parodies gained one million plus views on YouTube. Many of those LotR brickfilms were blogged online with high frequency on popular blogging websites like Kotaku, Gizmodo, Yardbarker, and more. Brotherhood Workshop also won the ReBrick LEGO Movie brickfilm contest which might have been the most important brickfilm contest of the year as their brickfilm entry Gorgy wants a Horse might be included in the LEGO Movie being released in early 2014. 

ForlornCreature started his year winning Bricks-in-Motion's THAC X with his brickfilm Le Special.  His popular LEGO Minecraft brickfilms have earned 1/2 million views and he also released a great brickfilm music video this year called Sex Rocket.

ForrestFire Films racked up over 4 million views of his LEGO Superhero satires. Forrest was a co-winner of Brickfilmer of the Year in 2011. His brickfilms continue to receive millions of views every year.

Harrison Allen (A.K.A. Squid) was a guest speaker at Brickflix 2013 and won BRAWL 2013 onBricksInMotion with his incredible brickfilm Odoriferous.

Insomniac Animations ,Dillon Woodly, had a great year although his YouTube channel didn't have many video releases, but that doesn't mean he wasn't working hard at the art.  He created the LEGO version of the Ed Sheeran's LEGO House music video which has already gained over 6 million views.  He also created a LEGO Castle themed brickfilm Chapter 6: Unto the Breach for LEGO for LEGO as a Tongal project which is a stunning piece of work.

Kooberz Studios continued his brickfilming excellence with more great Machinma Channel uploads such as BrickTube - Aliens which gained some great online blog exposure. He also released tons of brickfilming content (tutorials, throwbacks, interviews, "How to Builds", and previews) on his very active YouTube channel.

Paganomation David Pagano is a brickfilming legend in his own right.  He was co-winner of Brickfilmer of the Year in 2011 and is a true ambassador of the art of brickfilming.  He is one of the organizers of Brickflix Film Festival in Durham, North Carolina and also one of the Cinema Co-Coordinators for Brickworld Film Festival in Chicago.  Paganomation is currently working on a Kickstarter crowd funded project called Little Guys in Space.  Paganomation did well in the ReBrick Movie Contest by earning 2nd place. David Pagano is also the Co-Editor of Set Bump. Lastly, Paganomation also does commission stop motion for the LEGO Gropu and some of them are currently featured on the LEGO TV app for iPhone.

David Pickett is one of the Co-Coordinators of Brickworld Film Festival in Chicago and Co-Editor of Set Bump. He runs a very successful brickfilm series called Nightly News at Nine and is active in many online LEGO communities.  He also contributes to brickfilming by occasionally teaching stop motion classes at some LEGO conventions.

Last edited by thefourmonkeys (December 19, 2013 (05:17pm))

Re: Vote for 2013 BFG Brickfilmer of the Year

thefourmonkeys wrote:

Bruno Lefevre is an administrator on the French brickfilming website Brick-á-Brack. Aiwah was the run away winner of Onion Animation's GO FILM 2013 contest on BiM. He is very active in most of the online brickfilming communities. He also made an extensive sound effects library which available on Brick-á-Brack.

His username is Aiwha, not Aiwah mini/wink

Loïc F-B wrote:
thefourmonkeys wrote:

Bruno Lefevre is an administrator on the French brickfilming website Brick-á-Brack. Aiwah was the run away winner of Onion Animation's GO FILM 2013 contest on BiM. He is very active in most of the online brickfilming communities. He also made an extensive sound effects library which available on Brick-á-Brack.

His username is Aiwha, not Aiwah mini/wink

Good catch, thanks!

BackyardLegos.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Voted! 
Great nominees, how/when did people get nominated? 
Anyway, it was really close between two people.  I hope I made the right choice... mini/blankexpression

JonnDthunDer wrote:

Voted! 
Great nominees, how/when did people get nominated? 
Anyway, it was really close between two people.  I hope I made the right choice... mini/blankexpression

I currently pick the 10 nominees myself (Big Monkey) with input from Mommy Monkey.  Perhaps one day we will get a little more democratic about the nomination process, but until then, we will do it ourselves. 

Anyway, we write down the brickfilmer's names and accomplishments throughout the year.  In December, we narrow it down to 10 and make the poll public on the BFG so members can vote. 

There were around 20 names on the list, one of them being yours because your Contrast Contest win. 

Thanks for voting!:)

You forgot Zachary Volt.

LASF wrote:

You forgot Zachary Volt.

I was pleased to see he is a member of the BFG.  I found his YouTube Channel with it.  He doesn't seen too active, thus off the radar.

I see, I was just wondering how you went about nominating people, thanks.

thefourmonkeys wrote:

There were around 20 names on the list, one of them being yours because your Contrast Contest win.

Well that's cool!  I am totally outclassed by the people you've got on here, it's a good thing I wasn't one of the ten mini/tongue

thefourmonkeys wrote:

Dillon Woodly

Sorry, but it's Dylan Woodley. mini/wink

Woodley is a very talented (and, looking at his website, I'd say very professional too) animator/filmmaker. And these talents will carry him to great places in the near future. The problem is I'm not really the voting kind. If someone were to make a video that I enjoyed, I still wouldn't vote for that film. I don't see any reason to "vote" for a brickfilm when I believe that someone showing enjoyment of the said brickfilm is enough. But, that's just me.

If I had to choose, my Top 3 would be (in no order) Brotherhood, Pagano, and Woodley. But, don't expect any vote from me. As stated earlier in this post, I'm just not the voting kind.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

If I had to choose, my Top 3 would be (in no order) Brotherhood, Pagano, and Woodley.

I agree with your top 3.