Re: Christmas in a Minute 2013! [CLOSED]

My apologies, I included the wrong link! Give me a few minutes and I'll have the correct file posted.

Alright no worries mini/tongue

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Hello everyone, as Nasrsarian discovered, I had included the wrong link to download the animated logo file. The new link is now up and available to use. Let me know if you all have any issues regarding the download and use of the logo. One of the reasons for the 5 second grace window rule is because the length of the animated version of the logo is 5 seconds long. Hope that makes sense to everyone.

Awesome thanks!

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Hey, that's nice. 5 days is enough to make a nice animation. A pity, that I can't use 3rd party characters, storylines or places mini/blankexpression But creativity is a good feature mini/bigsmile
PS Wow, because I'm Polish, I may upload my entry to 5:59 AM of our time... Nice mini/mrgreen
Greettings,
Ziemek

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8577/16193235411_c1cfb34b21_o.png
MY CHANNEL

I'm Loominarty confirmed.

Ziemek, thankyou.
I just realised 5 days left. I've been procrastinating for so long. I have to re-animate, the first try was mediocre. And then I have to do all my editing. And the voices. And upload it.... I forgot how much work is put into brickfilms.

OMG I was wetting my pants thinking its like the 22nd and I've ran out of time. I got my dates mixed, I have 3 days including Christmas eve, but the deadline for me is like 10 hours in front. I need to finish animating, put all the footage together, put VFX, voicing, music and whatnot. I'm screwed. Hope I'm not alone on this tho mini/tongue
EDIT: Sorry just realised I double-posted.

The contest deadline is fast approaching everyone! Remember to get your entries in by Christmas Eve, Tuesday, December 24th at 11:59pm Eastern (NY).

Also, if you haven't received a confirmation from me that I have accepted your entry, contact me ASAP.

mini/madhead I really want to join this, but, I am missing a female voice actor.

I may as well just make an entry this weekend.  This looks like a very well put together contest and it would be a good warm up for THAC.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

@RepellingSpider How many entries have you received so far?

I've been sick all week so I didn't get a chance to work on anything but the script; but I might be able to put something together in a few days.

http://i60.tinypic.com/1ieqoh.png

Submitted.

I know I won't win, but it's always nice to get another contest under my belt.
And it's a great excuse to make a Christmas-themed video!
Now to work on editing the Extended Version. mini/devil

Gosh, I really need to get working. I've only filmed one shot of the script so far. Hopefully I can finish on Sunday and Monday.

Just animated the very last shot, tomorrow I'll put it in with the ret of the footage. Footage is nearly done, still got a long way to go.

I finished writing the screenplay just now. It's only a paragraph long, but I suppose that's OK, since an entry is only supposed to be a minute long.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I found this contest a challenge, because it is hard to tell a story in just under a minute. But, by some miracle, I came up with an idea, even though it may be hard for some to understand what is happening.

Last edited by funmiproductions (December 21, 2013 (10:26am))

The challenge was actually making a brickfilm, its been ages for me.
Not only that, I got the curse of thac a week early, for the wrong contest. Sometime during the night my neck muscles screwed up, I'm currently wearing one of those doggy neck braces so my head doesn't fall off. I look like a massive retard mini/dizzy

Well I finished animating. The footage is a grand total of 2 minutes and 34 seconds. I don't know if I'll be able to cut this down to a minute.

We'll see what happens! mini/bigsmile

Nasrsarian wrote:

The challenge was actually making a brickfilm, its been ages for me.
Not only that, I got the curse of thac a week early, for the wrong contest. Sometime during the night my neck muscles screwed up, I'm currently wearing one of those doggy neck braces so my head doesn't fall off. I look like a massive retard mini/dizzy

That stinks! But hey, maybe if everything works out you can still enter THAC. It is been better to have this happen a week before the contest instead of the night before.

Last edited by Walter Benson (December 21, 2013 (07:04pm))

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

True that. I'm not 100% if I can enter Thac anyway, I've never stayed up later than 1am, and the contest starts at 11pm for me.