Re: BiM 2009: STAR [CLOSED]

goldenbrick, don't be intimidated by the varying skill levels of other members, contests can be a fun way to push yourself.  Of course if you don't have any ideas for a film don't feel obligated to make something up just becouse.  All contests are open to all members of all skill levels mini/smile (unless it is something like amateurs in motion where the more advanced members aren't allowed)

How was the "T" in "STAR" made mini/tongue ?

Yechi Hamelech!

Time, Maron

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I believe Maron is referring to the impossible brick construction of the T in the logo, as seen in the first post.  (Perhaps it defies the space/time continuum?)

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

No, T.G-Tom, he meant in the logo.  Take a look at it... the bricks don't match up.

Ah well, all nitpicking aside, I think good ol' Smeagz has done a remarkable job again in his logo duties.  mini/bigsmile

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/quakefilms/myspace/Brickfilms/whitewallssig.jpg

MindGame wrote:

Oooh, I could make something really nice and confusing for this one. mini/wink

I'm in.

That's exactly what I thought of doing when I looked at this contest. Really confusing but extremely artistic. mini/bigsmile

Btw, I'm so in.

Hmm... I finish school in June so I may actually be able to have a shot at this.

rstudios.co.uk - Brand New Website Up And Running!
Experiencing problems with Rstudios.co.uk? Tell me HERE.

Happiness just knocked on my door. I'll give it a go. mini/smile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

livinglego wrote:
Sméagol wrote:

Yes, it has to be downloadable.  Why can't you upload a video to a file hosting website so it is downloadable?  It's a pretty simple process, and we're accepting several formats.

parents. my mom says Vimeo is enough, and if I don't shut up, she'll take away brickfilming all together.

MEDIAFIRE IS A WEBSITE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING.

Just tell her that.

Yes! I can't wait to start. Even though I have two other films in the making, I believe I can work my way around them so it can work out.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

Meh. I have other things to be doing. I vowed to never enter a Brickfilm contest where we have longer than a week to make it.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

You told me at school you wanted to make an Epic style film for the brickfilms or bricksinmotion big contest.

_2014

Can you upload a file to MediaFire so no one else can watch it?

Yeah, set it to private.

_2014

I'm done the rough version of the script!

Get ready for . . . P  R  O  D  I  G  Y

Hmmm...this contest looks...interesting...
I have an idea!
Ha!

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

AAAAHHH! How do you get rough drafts so fast!? mini/eek
I just got barely an idea! mini/tongue

I'm scripting! mini/bigsmile

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Sméagol wrote:

I believe Maron is referring to the impossible brick construction of the T in the logo, as seen in the first post.  (Perhaps it defies the space/time continuum?)

Actually, no, it's not impossible.

I think my entry for this will be a cartoon-y comedy, with funny dialogue and slapstick, and space for some common TV/Videogame Tropes ("I'm not jumping onto that rock until I know how it's just floating there? It's probably not even metallic!"). I'm seeing a chance for some green-screening as well.

This could be fun.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

i am in

S.T.A.R
scripting:55% (all day at school)
animating: 0%
editing: 0%