Topic: The Ordinary Guy

I was reading an old news article just now about a man who saved his granddaughter from being hit by a car, and that got me thinking, how many people would intervene in a situation similar to this if the grandfather had not been there? This is something a bit different compared to what I usually make on my channel...And somewhat darker too if it works how I'm intending it to...What do you guys think though? About the idea of an ordinary minifig becoming a hero who is literally just an ordinary guy, no superpowers just the intention to help people?

Has anyone else made a brickfilm based off of a true story like a news article?

Thanks
Tom

Re: The Ordinary Guy

If you haven't already seen "It's a Wonderful Life", starring James Stewart, you should take a look. It's about how different other people's lives would be if you had never existed. Kinda schmaltzy at the end, but it's an interesting idea I haven't seen too often. Maybe the most recent example is "Sliding Doors", which stank from first to last, in my opinion. I've certainly never seen a brickfilm based on this idea.

Re: The Ordinary Guy

Aha, I have heard of It's a wonderful life! Will have to have a look! If Sliding doors is a bad as you say it is I might give it a miss ;D

Yeah I didn't think I'd seen any brickfilms based on the idea either!