Topic: OYO Video Challenge II Hosted by thefourmonkeys

http://brickfilmersguild.com/elgg/pg/photos/download/25387/inline/
We are pleased to announce that thefourmonkeys are hosting and judging the the OYO Video Challenge II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaC00OA5HXE

OYO Sportstoys are minifigures designed to resemble Major League Baseball and National Football League Players. 
Now you can recreate your favorite baseball and football plays with your favorite players as a brickfilm or just enjoy them as collectibles.

Last year there were some great entries. Many of them showed off all of the new possibilities an OYO will give a brickfilmer.  This year we are incorporating a theme of "show your favorite player or team in action."  You can show them doing an imaginary play like we did with our most recent OYO brickfilm, or you can recreate a real play from Major League Baseball or the National Football League. This time we're not really looking for a plot or story much beyond the sport(s) just being played.

Quick Facts (please read on for details):
-First 50 approved applicants receive a free OYO minifigure to make their video.
-Make a stopmotion animation video using at least one OYO showing your favorite player or team in action. You can add Lego minifigures or similar product to the video in order to have more players.
-Upload your video to YouTube. Then send that link to: [email protected].
Deadline for entering your video is December 31st at 9pm EST.

The OYO Video Challenge II Rules:
1) Must contain at least (1) unmodified OYO minifigure.  We want to encourage anyone who wants to make a video with an OYO to do so, and for that reason we will be providing a FREE OYO to the first 50 approved applicants!
2) Stop motion must be your main animation technique.
3) Show your favorite player in action.
4) No profanity or suggestive themes (sexual themes, drug use, etc).
5) No more than playful violence (Let's not recreate a bench clearing brawl).
6) No copyrighted/unauthorized materials.
7) Must treat the player’s likeness and the MLB/NFL in a dignified manner.
8) Use of other plastic building blocks is allowed.
9) Video should be less than 2 minutes.
10) Upload your entry to YouTube and send link to: [email protected] by December 31st at 9pm EST.

Prizes:
GOLD: Choice of MLB or NFL Game Time Field Set  OR 8 OYO minifigures
SILVER: Choice of MLB Infield Set / NFL End Zone Set  OR 4 OYO minifigures
BRONZE: 2 OYO minifigures

To Enter the Challenge:
Upload your entry to YouTube and send link to: [email protected] by December 31st at 9pm EST.
Multiple entries will be accepted (in fact- we would love to see some early entries).   
The winners will be determined sometime in December and announced on the Brickfilmer's Guild and on thefourmonkeys Classic YouTube channel.

To Receive a Free OYO:
First, choose an Baseball or Football OYO minifigure from the OYO website: www.oyosportstoys.com
Then, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with your:
     -Full Name
     -Mailing/Shipping address (US only)
     -The OYO of your choice
     -A link to your YouTube channel showing samples of your previous brickfliming work.
(if you have a Brickfilmer's Guild account then please send a link to your BFG profile instead of your YouTube channel as you will be pre-qualified)

Applicants will be screened by previous brickfilming work and OYO reserves the right to substitute an alternate minifigure in certain cases.

Notes:
If you have any questions you can post here, or e-mail at [email protected] for more information!
Challenge rewards are valid for the United States only, void where prohibited. Others are welcome to participate, but will only be awarded an honorary title.
Thanks, and good luck!

Last edited by thefourmonkeys (December 1, 2013 (08:13am))

Re: OYO Video Challenge II Hosted by thefourmonkeys

Yes! I love oyos! Shame I live in Canada though. I will still enter after my Go-Film entry is complete.

funmiproductions wrote:

Yes! I love oyos! Shame I live in Canada though. I will still enter after my Go-Film entry is complete.

That's awesome, we would love to see an entry from you!! mini/bigsmile

This sounds interesting, although the lack of spacing and general formatting makes the first post horrible to read! mini/lol

Also is this competition for people in the US only?

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

BoatsAreRockable wrote:

This sounds interesting, although the lack of spacing and general formatting makes the first post horrible to read! mini/lol

Also is this competition for people in the US only?

Sorry for the formatting.  It should be a little easier to read now.  Thanks for that feedback. 

The contest is open to people outside the US, but only for honors and no prizes.  Prizes are for US only, sorry.   The free OYO minifigure is also only available to US residents.  We still encourage anyone, in or out of US, to enter.

We will make a playlist of all entries on our Classic Channel.

thefourmonkeys wrote:

The contest is open to people outside the US, but only for honors and no prizes.  Prizes are for US only, sorry.   The free OYO minifigure is also only available to US residents.  We still encourage anyone, in or out of US, to enter.

Ah that's a shame, I seem to recall that last year when OYO ran it they gave away a generic figure to people outside of the US.

Also I don't see how anyone outside of the US can enter since I don't believe you can buy OYO figures outside of it! mini/tongue

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Good morning/afternoon all. mini/smile

Would someone please tell me who I need to ask in order to get this posted in the contest section??

Thanks so much!!

~MM  @(◠‿◠)@

Wish granted.
-Magical Moderation Team

This looks awesome, unfortunately I have not one OYO, but maybe I will get one.

GEF wrote:

This looks awesome, unfortunately I have not one OYO, but maybe I will get one.

You will get a free one if you qualify. Read the rules to see if you do. mini/bigsmile

We'd love to see some entries from you guys, there were some great ones last year. @(◠‿◠)@

thefourmonkeys wrote:

Good morning/afternoon all. mini/smile

Would someone please tell me who I need to ask in order to get this posted in the contest section??

Thanks so much!!

~MM  @(◠‿◠)@

Wish granted.
-Magical Moderation Team

WOW, that was quite magical indeed!!! Thank you so much Magical Moderation Team!!!! ((hugs)) mini/bigsmile

Last edited by thefourmonkeys (September 24, 2013 (10:08am))

Well, I have an idea, time to enter.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Fun Sucker wrote:

Well, I have an idea, time to enter.

Awesome, we'll look forward to seeing your entry!! mini/bigsmile

Interesting. I might enter if I get the time.

The deadline has been extended to the end of the year.

Oh good, thanks for the extension!

Youtube   Twitter

Le double post (nooooooo).

Any news on when the results will be out?

Youtube   Twitter

Fun Sucker wrote:

Le double post (nooooooo).

Any news on when the results will be out?

Hopefully by the end of the month.

~MM @(^_^)@

Awesome! I entered.

Here are the results from the OYO Video Challenge II Contest hosted by thefourmonkeys: @(^_^)@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTlWBfYHyC8

Congratulations to the winners and thank you again to everyone who entered, great job!! mini/bigsmile

Congrats to the 3 people that entered!