Topic: SHADOWS (short action film)

Directory Link

SHADOWS (short action film)

Youtube
My Channel

A colab between me and tracer films.

Re: SHADOWS (short action film)

It's great to see your talent put to a bigger more substantial short.
There's some major sound balance issues, with voices being so much quieter than the music, and the sounds work not always sounding perfect. But the animation is pretty good, and I like your camera movements.
You're getting a lot better.

thank you Pritchard, I seem to have a lot of conflicting feedback on my sound quality, some say it works fine, yet on the same video others say it aint... what do you think that is from?.....

camera movement great. Yes, the voices could mesh with the rest of the soundtrack a bit better.

thanks mate, ok, do you mind telling me about your sound set up?.... as I am getting mixed responses, half saying theres a prob, half saying there isnt, just trying to work it out....

sound set up is nothing special - I listened to it through ordinary bud earplugs plugged into my laptop with Realtek HD Audio. To me it seems the different audiotracks (voices, music, sound effects) to be of different qualities. The music seems to be not the highest-quality mp3, while e.g. the sound effect for shooting is very crisp and in stereo. Were your voices recorded with the same mic? When he says 'fear is the best motivator', it sounds like the guy was whispering into a wall on the opposite site of the room from where the mic was. Then if they say something like ' against the fridge' (?), it sounds properly recorded, how it should be.

More comments:
-'this is the place' -  why you tune down the music here and not during other talks in the movie? I would keep it up
- bullets sound too 'crisp' in comparison with the audio quality of other clips - I would either degrade it a bit or improve the quality of the other audiotracks, if possible
-'fear is the best motivator' - this audiotrack drags it a down
-'against the fridge' - in this moment all the audiotracks come the right way together
-sound effect of breaking glass - too overloaded, you can hear the clipping

this is what I hear there.

Cooked Cat wrote:

thanks mate, ok, do you mind telling me about your sound set up?.... as I am getting mixed responses, half saying theres a prob, half saying there isnt, just trying to work it out....

ok, thanks heaps mate,
I had tracer films record the audio for all the characters bar the police man('this is the police, drop your weapons and you will not be harmed') and Scarecrow. I'll try and work out what's up with my mic.
I'll try to work on getting my music recorded at a higher quality.

thanks heaps for your feed back mate.