Topic: LEGO The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Riddles In The Dark

Directory Link

LEGO The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Riddles In The Dark

Link 1

Worked pretty hard on this!

Re: LEGO The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Riddles In The Dark

Wow, this is better than I thought it was going to be! The animation is fabulous, as well as the set! I would've liked to see the entire Riddle Game, the entire scene. But, that probably would have been too much for you. Anyways, this was a great watch! I'm glad it was a real video, and not some dumb spoof, like I thought it was going to be.

And great job to your voice actors. They did such a good job, I thought it was real audio from the film!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

thank you very much!  I'm pretty sure that is the longest GOOD response Ive gotten from a video! mini/smile  was the picture on bricks in motion what threw you off? I made it for the youtube thumbnail but I'm not sure I like it too much.

No, it's not the thumbnail that threw me off. I just had the feeling that it would be just a joke vid/parody/spoof (call it what you wish), and not an actual LEGO recreation of the scene.

Last edited by Mickey (September 12, 2013 (03:06pm))

That was really really well done, the animation was great, the set was good, and the voice acting was amazing. I suggest you change your icon on BiM, no offense but being out of focus and all it gives a sense of quality much lower than what you're producing. Anyway, great job! mini/smile

Thanks!! I changed it mini/sunnies  Someone mentioned that my color correction wasn't the best, that's because there wasn't any. When I export out of iMovie and into after effects and then back into iMovie I lose a lot of quality and gain grain.  Does anyone else use iMovie and after effects together that knows how to avoid losing quality?

voices were amazing. You should keep those guys for next collaboration.

ThaukaFilms wrote:

voices were amazing. You should keep those guys for next collaboration.

Definitely! They are up for it (because all of the comments they've been getting, thank you sir) and so am I. Next video will most likely be: Gandalf vs. Saruman Parody

Looks like LEGO just shared your video on Facebook! Congrats, man! You deserve it. mini/bigsmile

LEgo? DUde! THanks! I knew the Hobbit page did which was like the best day of my life... Gotta see this though!

Nicely done. Best Hobbit brickfilm I've seen hands down. I have to say, very nice recreation. I don't feel the need to say anything critical (unless you want me to). You probably know already that it isn't perfect. Very nice job.

I do, however, have to say that the voice actors were AMAZING! mini/eek I honestly don't know if I would have realized it wasn't the movie track if the message hadn't been at the beginning. I also think they lent a great interpretation of their own to the voices though also after listening to it again. Great job.