Topic: Looking For Films

Hey guys.
I'm looking for films that I have voice acted in.
Seem to be having trouble locating them.

Off the top of my head...
-Can't seem to find Rstudios's Youtube channel.
(Cold Comfort, etc.)

-Can't find Lego Golem.

I know there are quite a few other films, but I haven't been able to locate the film/creator.

Thanks.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Re: Looking For Films

I recall BertL making a huge archive of brickfilms during the transition from Brickfilms.com to BricksInMotion. I don't know if they're online, though, and I don't know if BertL's even active any more.

This has made me realize just how many brickfilms from the past have vanished. Wish I had downloaded more of my favorites... mini/sad

Rstudios appears to be active on Tumblr. Maybe you could contact him there?

If you're looking for Bert and his archive you might have luck contacting Bert on Youtube or on Twitter 

I'm not sure how you'd go about finding Golem though.

Good luck with your search!

"every day I feel more pleased that sigging isn't a thing anymore" - Squash
YOUTUBE | Will voice act, ping me in the discord.
03:52    Smeagol    I should send girls turds in a box
01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

Here are the films that I've found so far. List updated as of 12/11/13
Thankfully, someone else posted Rstudios's "24 in Lego" but no luck on "Cold Comfort."
BertL's films are on Youtube. Might have to send him an email about his archive if the search is still unsuccessful.

Known missing films, but unable to find...
"Royalty Turned Amphibian" [edit...FOUND on Motfilm's Youtube channel. Added to playlist.]
"Cold Comfort"
"Lego Golem"
Unknown short action film. I was the voice of the girlfriend?/wife?

There are two more films to add, but I have no idea how to locate them:
No clue on the names of the films. One film I know was created by a brickfilmer named Gray Scale….
...FOUND….Thanks Aled Owen!

The other one was some sort of comedy/action film by a newcomer on Brickfilms at the time.
Might be even more films than the ones mentioned, but those are the ones that I can remember right now.

Nathan Wells wrote:

This has made me realize just how many brickfilms from the past have vanished. Wish I had downloaded more of my favorites... mini/sad

Yup. Me too, Nathan.
This is where the old brickfilms website would have come in handy. mini/sad

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Were you in Repent?  No, wait, I have your voice files but your scene was never made.  Nevermind.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Oh man. Totally forgot about that one.
That was an enjoyable film to voice for as well.

"Repent: Uncut"  ...perhaps? mini/wink

YouTube/Twitter/SG

dewfilms wrote:

This is where the old brickfilms website would have come in handy. mini/sad

I don't know for sure, but Aled might have an archive of the old brickfilms site. Not sure if he still has it or how much of it he had though.

01:28    Smeagol    That signature leaves me wondering if I should be sending more girls more turds in boxes than I presently am

dewfilms the Gray Scale film you are thinking of is called 'Faithless'.

http://brickfilms.com/topic/faithless/

Annoyingly the links are to some files which are long gone.

CK98 - I've only got the BF.com programming, didn't manage to get hold of the old database unfortunately, we could've set up some secret archive for the old Film Directory and Forums on here, or something... Ah well.

Aled Owen wrote:

dewfilms the Gray Scale film you are thinking of is called 'Faithless'.

http://brickfilms.com/topic/faithless/

Annoyingly the links are to some files which are long gone.

CK98 - I've only got the BF.com programming, didn't manage to get hold of the old database unfortunately, we could've set up some secret archive for the old Film Directory and Forums on here, or something... Ah well.

That sucks. 
Fortunately though the files for faithless were archived by the wayback machine!

Holy crap! Dew!

I was going through one of my old external hard drives and discovered a folder called "My Favorite Brickfilms"

I've got Faithless, Cold Comfort, 24 in LEGO, all of Dave Wardell's films, Good Company, and a bunch more.

I feel like I've found one of 106 missing Doctor Who episodes or something.

Rob Frost (Rstudios) deleted his youtube channel by accident.

Nathan Wells wrote:

Holy crap! Dew!

I was going through one of my old external hard drives and discovered a folder called "My Favorite Brickfilms"

I've got Faithless, Cold Comfort, 24 in LEGO, all of Dave Wardell's films, Good Company, and a bunch more.

I feel like I've found one of 106 missing Doctor Who episodes or something.

Congrats on finding those lost treasures and a huge thank you.

I'm sure there are many other filmers & fans out there who are thankful as well.

So what's next? Heading to Legoland to celebrate? mini/wink

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Rsteenoven wrote:

Rob Frost (Rstudios) deleted his youtube channel by accident.

But we still have the films, just not the YouTube account. Also we have the DVDs from Brickfilms. Remember 'High Adventure Theatre' and 'Heroes and Villains'?

I used to be mesmerised by those films by PE Porukka. I still subscribe to the Youtube channel.

Also, I follow protowrx on Instagram, though he doesn't post much.

Rachel, if you haven't already got a copy of Cold Comfort, let me know. There is a 6 minute and a 9 minute version available. Rob has the rendered films but has lost all the original unedited footage I think.

..Richard (rstudios' dad!)

Last edited by richardfrost (December 10, 2013 (04:33pm))

I drink, therefore I think I can!

Hey Richard! mini/smile

Any chance of making a Youtube site (or some other free video account) and sharing those wonderful films again for all to enjoy?

Good to see you again.
Hope the rest of your family is doing well.

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Hi Rachel.

Rob is back from Uni for Christmas soon. I'll get him to upload them either to my YouTube account or his own. I'm not sure if he created a new one. When he deleted his old one he was trying to separate off his old stuff from the new.

Everyone is doing fine. Rob is in his final year at Uni. See my post re his final year film. Lucky him, he gets to use a Red Epic camera, the one they used in The Hobbit! A bit of a step up from a Logitech web cam!

Have a great and peaceful Christmas.

..Richard

I drink, therefore I think I can!

Seeing all these old names / avatars brings warm feelings to my heart.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png