Topic: Change Can Happen

Directory Link

Change Can Happen (A CONTRAST CONTEST ENTRY)

Vimeo (my version

Me and Zachary Volt's entry into the Contrast Contest. I'm not overall happy with how it turned out. And, I'll probably never do another co-production again. It's just not easy making a brickfilm with someone else.

Last edited by Mickey (August 29, 2013 (07:09pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Re: Change Can Happen

It would have been a lot more effective if maybe you slowed down the text a whole lot and actually showed the inside of the city life. Like people walking to work and cars and taxis and whatever driving about, then show a polluted area or whatever. The fact that it was mini-scale and that the exact same buildings were used made it obvious from the get-go that it was the same city. I didn't even know you weren't meant to know that until the text told me so.

Also I don't really get what the second half of the video has to do with the first, it seems like you just thought of two different ideas for the contest and instead of fleshing one of them out into a nice juicy steak you stripped them both down to their bare bones, duck-taped them together and called it fine cuisine.

Also I am disappointed in the lack of Josh Brolin and Onion Rings.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Ditto everything jstudios said...Except maybe that last bit.

It you had got the one man's changing his yard, and used him to inspired others to do the same, thus changing the city for good, that would have been a much better ending. Also, it would have tied the two halves together.

The animation was so-so, but I kinda liked the choppy style of credits and video, it gave it an interesting pace and feel.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

...Except maybe that last bit.

http://i.imgur.com/owUKKU4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Yeah, I get what you guys are saying. It was supposed to be more of a PSA, but it ended up being like a weird infomercial. And I didn't want it to have audio, either. I guess co-productions just don't work.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

I guess co-productions just don't work.

Not true. If you plan them well, they do work. jstudios said, you kinda just welded together to different videos. I think that if you wrote the script as one, then divided up the shots to film between your self, it probably would have worked better (I am assuming that you didn't do this).

As far as the video itself, I did like the animation. It was sort of smooth. Especially liked the out-of-socket animation when the guy in the suit pointed to Bobs beautiful yard. Next time, I suggest messing up his yard a bit more though. In the before picture, maybe you could have added some trash, and a few disembodied limbs.

Anyways, good job. mini/smile

"That's Bob"!

"I'm Bob"!

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Mickey wrote:

I guess co-productions just don't work.

Honestly, this seems like an excuse for the film not being too good. I've seen co-productions that do turn out pretty well. Like PushOver said, they can work great if you plan it out correctly.